PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Company

SheilaF
19-07-2005, 16:42
Hi Everyone

Well, here we are after a year we have finally heard from US Immigration that our O-1 visa has been granted. This is obviously subject to the interview at the Embassy in London. However we are now making tentative steps towards our move.
When (IF) we are granted the visa, I will be driving you all mad for advice so apologise in advance !!! Its just that you are all soooo knowledgeable about EVERYTHING......
Can anyone recommend a good shipping company? We are in the note making stage so would like to get the research done before the London visit so we can swing into action if and when we get the visa.

Many thanks

SheilaF

luckylady
20-07-2005, 04:30
Congratulations Sheila, looks like you are on your way
all very excitng for you
Good Luck for your Embassy interview in London

steph_goodrum
20-07-2005, 12:53
Just curious what is an O-1 visa?

SheilaF
20-07-2005, 14:05
Many thanks for your kind words Lucky Lady, fingers crossed .....

Steph, details of an O-1 visa taken from the US Embassy website

"The O visa classification provides for the admission into the United States of persons with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business and athletics, or extraordinary achievement in motion picture and television production, and their essential support personnel."

My husband is a photographer and received an MBE for services to photography, so fortunately for us he meets the criteria set out by US Immigration.

SheilaF

steph_goodrum
20-07-2005, 14:13
Thought it might be something like that Sheila but wasn't sure.

Well done, do you have to be working in the field to qualify for the visa or can you do what you want?

SheilaF
20-07-2005, 17:35
I think you have to work in that particular field, thats the way our application went, all very exciting stuff.

SheilaF

Liam_Sandie
20-07-2005, 17:58
Hi Sheila

Congratulations on getting your visa, you must be really excited!! I have sent you a DM with some informtion which you may find useful. Good luck with the move[lucky]

Ray9
20-07-2005, 18:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SheilaF
Hi Everyone
Well, here we are after a year we have finally heard from US Immigration that our O-1 visa has been granted. SheilaF
[/quote]
Although I can see you having no problems at all ...
People should be reminded that the USCIS do NOT grant visa..
What you have got is permission from them to knock on the State dept (Embassy) door to ask for one.. Sadly.. quite a few get dissapointed at that stage..

SheilaF
20-07-2005, 19:30
Sandie and Liam, Many thanks for the DM - off to check it now.

Ray, Yes we have been told by our Lawyer that they (London) have the last word, so very wise to remind people of that.
We have made no firm plans as yet, even if we are refused we are still moving on from this area so the house sale will go ahead regardless.
I am just trying to collate contact numbers and do a little research, apart from that - everything is crossed.

SheilaF

Macka
23-09-2005, 14:23
Does being able to break wind to the tune of "Baa Baaa Black sheep" count as extraordinary ability?

And would it be in Music or arts, or indeed, athletics

If so, I'm going to have a crack at a 0-1.[msntongue]