PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh villa up for sale!

dodgey memory
19-07-2005, 13:42
I've just found the villa we are renting Easter next year up for sale on OV. Obviously I have contacted the owner but can any one give me any advice where we stand. I don't want to stay in a villa thats owned by a large company with lots of lets and the new owner may not maintain the house to such a high standard. HELP!

blott
19-07-2005, 14:04
I'm sure that the owner of the home you've rented will have the best interests of their existing booked guests at heart so please don't worry. Quite often, the new buyers will keep the existing management company anyway so your fears are probably groundless. Large companies don't buy villas, just individuals.

Keep in touch with the existing owner and I'm sure they will keep you up to date with any news about their home.

dolphinv
19-07-2005, 14:47
If the home is listed here, chances are they will sell their home to someone already listed with the sites. I am sure you have nothing to worry about and the owner will keep you up to date.

alanandjude
29-07-2005, 03:17
Hi,

Most buyers will be only too glad of buying a villa with some bookings already in place.

Contact the owner and see if he can get in touch asap when he finds a buyer to let you know the buyers contact details and if they intend to honour all bookings.

Ensure the current owner will refund your deposit in a worst case scenario, but I'm sure there will be plenty of availability left in other villas for a while yet. Assuming it's a quick sale you should have plenty of time to find an alternative villa if you need to.

There will always be lots of other new owners glad of a prime time booking in their first year!

IanandSarah
29-07-2005, 04:10
Sure you will find an alternative if you really need to, but think the new owner would be very glad of booking.

dodgey memory
30-07-2005, 19:31
I have done as you suggested and contacted the owner who has offered us a refund, but we have decided to stick with it and hope it all turns out well, only a bit worried! Just hope the new owner loves the villa as much as the existing one. I just wanted to rent from an owner on this site as you all sound so genuine. Teresa

davy woods
31-07-2005, 21:58
I would'nt worry too much Teresa, like Blott has said the new owners usually always stick with the same MC especially if the MC has done a great job looking after the villa then why pick another MC.
Dave.

RIS
01-08-2005, 15:19
As the guys have said above the big headache for most new owners is 1. getting bookings in their first year and 2. finding a reliable management company. If both of these are in place then it would be strange to change a winning system. I would stick with it, speak to the new owner when he buys and I’m sure that your worries will be laid to rest! [msnsmile]

eastcoastbranch
01-08-2005, 23:45
I wouldn`t worry to much as I`m sure the new owners would be very happy to have guests already booked into the villa they are buying. We had to do this last year about this time when we sold our other villa to buy the one we have now. The new owners also kept our Management company and our bookings stayed with them. Eberything worked out well.
Hannah.

Pluto
02-08-2005, 23:20
The same thing happened to us - but we didn't know until half way through the holiday.

We were at the villa when we got a phone call from the 'New' villa owner to check that everything was Ok for us. She mentioned that they had bought the villa a few weeks before the start of our holiday, but didn't tell us beforehand as they didn't want us to start worrying - which believe me I would have done.

I am sure that everything will work out fine.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday.