PDA

View Full Version : Best Route to the Keys

becbecs
18-07-2005, 20:23
Could anybody advise to which is the best route to the Keys. Have read another thread and hasn't really helped me make up my mind. Its not really the journey down its our journey back to Orlando which needs to be the quickest route.

Our Villa is on US27 which looks the obvious choice but apparently there are to many traffic lights, is the turnpike the best option.

Nick Sayer
18-07-2005, 20:28
Somebody rented my villa about a month ago and he took the florida turnpike toll road down and the normal route back and he said that he would always use the toll road in future as the other route was very slow and congested.

Ray&Sarah
18-07-2005, 20:39
We drove to our villa on the US27 from Miami, decided to go with the turnpike route as too many traffic lights annoy Ray. We had a very good drive up and back.[msnsmile2]

moodyvilla
18-07-2005, 21:03
Turnpike and then US1 all the way is the way we go.

Badger
18-07-2005, 21:15
Moody Villa is right.. but.. leave plenty of time if you are going to Key West as the hundred miles or so drive to Homestead is a two lane carriageway with very few places to overtake if you get stuck in slow moving traffic. Well worth the trip though!

berni_richards
18-07-2005, 22:39
I agree with Moodyvilla. The road between key west and miami area though is very very slow and police hiding everywhere so no speeding.

Cruella DeVilla
20-07-2005, 20:06
Depends if you want scenic or fastest? We did scenic down and fastest back last week.