PDA

View Full Version : available villas

jotter
23-04-2003, 18:25
why dont your villa pages offer availability calendars as these make much easier when searching for a property

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-04-2003, 18:47
Most owners do not like to publish their availability like this as it can be used by those with more sinister motives e.g. burgulars to see when a house will be empty. Also this might discourage people from enquiring after their villa where the owner does not have availability for the exact dates but can offer alternate dates that would suit the guest just as well.

esprit
23-04-2003, 19:03
Some of us have more than one villa on here also and one of mine may be booked but I can offer another nearly identical one which may not be. If I had a calendar, you would look, see the dates are booked and never enquire.

Daniel Ramsey
25-04-2003, 10:00
I basically look for a period in the low season winter when the parks are less crowded mostly between Thanksgiving and a few days before Christmas, two years ago I rented a home at $66 a night! it was a very reduced rate just after the 9/11 WTC event, but out of our two week stay I spent a miserable 4 days stuffed up from allergies, in Alaska we have a very condensed short growing period, very little pollen, after living here 11 years I have never had hay fever.....BUT, as soon as I landed in Orlando it hit me like a ton of bricks! so this time I am traveling ahead with my son about 4 days before my wife and our grandaughter so I can get acclimated.
I can be flexible on dates but do need about an 18 day stay. Thats 4 days just for me just to get used to all the green stuff around.

BTW floridadreamvilla (John?) I like #3, sent a request for it.If its not available #27 looks like the next best though the rates are higher, thanks.

Debs
25-04-2003, 14:59
Hi Daniel

If you put out a general enquiry listing all your requirements then Owners can respond directly to you with their availability.

We're only too happy to help :D

Daniel Ramsey
25-04-2003, 18:01
Hi Debs, I'm doing that, the one home I wanted with the internet access was only available for a week or so, either I rent two different homes in december for my 18 day stay or bump up to january, I could have the whole month then for our trip, my wife can stay only two weeks but for me I'm off season from my construction trade usually from december to mid march. If the rate is good I would rent the whole month out, back to sending inquries again:)

Lesley S
25-04-2003, 18:42
If you do send out a general enquiry to owners, those that are available would respond direct to you. Hopefully you will find the right villa for you.

dbrook
25-04-2003, 19:13
There are two sister sites on here Daniel, so don't forget to do a search on Florida Vacation Rentals as well as Orlando Villas:D:D

Diane

Daniel Ramsey
26-04-2003, 09:13
Yes it looks like at least the last three weeks of january would be better, at Epcot there is the new ride, Mission Space, its supposed to open officially late fall and avoiding crowds is what my family prefers so maybe early dec. might still be too early for it, another factor is and everyone can laugh, our last trip to Orlando was from nov. 28-dec 12 2001 and the weather was warm and clear, at least 75 everyday, we are from Alaska and for white folks we have gotten used to a "warm" day of 50F so the colder the better, if its 35 degrees for the high at Disneyworld we would be happy. Looks like january may be cooler. Booking ahead is prudent IMHO and besides I usually only work 9 months a year and it tapers off dramatically around late oct. I just noticed the two seperate sites dbrook (Diane:)) and starting tonight I am sending out different requests for at least three weeks late january, the New Years crowd I do want to avoid, forgot about it:D