PDA

View Full Version : High Way 27

marion
23-04-2003, 16:14
High Way 27
I have had quite a few emails from people asking me about Highway 27 as a lot of maps that you can purchase in the shops have not been updated, so Highway 27 between the exit of Highway 192 up to the Interstate 4 appears to have very few communities.

This part of Florida has changed considerably in the last few years. There are lots of beautiful communities on this stretch of the highway.

If you look at the community map on Orlando Villas you will find all the info on all the villa communities on Highway 27 (www.orlandovillas.com/map.asp).

The communities are separated by orange groves so it makes staying on the 27 a relaxing place to be,and being only a few minutes from Disney it makes it a very attractive place to stay.

esprit
23-04-2003, 19:09
Dont forget the new Publix and shopping plaza being built near Highlands Reserve which will be a big boon and now a new WalMart near the junction with 192. This really is a booming area as you say which will turn into a city in its own right ( Citrus Ridge City) within a few years. This will mean that we will no have to put Davenport on as our villa address which does confuse people as the 27 communities are actually nowhere near Davenport which does look a lit out in the sticks on a map.

UKAllan
23-04-2003, 20:00
Do not forget a little further - 7 miles from I4 at Southern Dunes near Haines which is a lovely setting and still only 20 mins from Disney AND with all amenities on your doorstep

marion
24-04-2003, 13:37
Yes, Julie
The new Publix and shopping plaza On the high way 27 will be completed very shortly and the new plaza next to Wallgreans is almost finished just up from us is going to be a real pleasure as they always manage to have a really good restaurants on these plazas.
I relay enjoy having my Vacation home on High way 27 as in minuets we can be right in the middle of all the Florida attrition and the huge shopping mall and shoping out-lets for whot we all cum to Florida for, or in no time at all i can be in the amazing Florida country side with is lakes, public parks and many golf courses

UKAllan
24-04-2003, 14:51
I know that these are exciting times ahead for us on the 27 but not as much as you seem to think Marion!!
But I expect it was your quick typing that did it.
Joking aside it does seem that the area between the 192 and Haines City is really going places AND whatever people may think it is not that far from Disney and very convenient for getting to both coasts.

steph_goodrum
24-04-2003, 15:01
The area is just as close to Disney as Kissimmee which has been traditionally the place where the tourists stayed when visiting the mouse. It is mainly the I-drive attractions which it is slightly further than was the case but to most people that isn't a real problem with connections getting better all the time.

marion
24-04-2003, 15:08
help
sorry my spell checker changed it for me[:0] can we get it changed to
completed

Offspring
11-07-2003, 08:21
The new Publix on HWY 27 has opened for business today. Really nice and convieniant from Westridge.

Ruth
11-07-2003, 13:56
Now that is good news, thanks Offspring:)

athurstance
11-07-2003, 14:06
Excellent - we saw them building this when we were over at Easter. It is amazing how quick they put these things up isn't it!

jpj
11-07-2003, 20:39
We are staying at The Palms at Lake Davenport from 16-30 August. Great to hear that the new Publix is now open. Does anyone know what other shops, eating places are located nearby ?

Also, we are going to Sanford Airport this time - can anyone recommend a route to The Palms from the airport ?

Ian Dee
11-08-2003, 01:17
Hi, as a newbie to forums and Florida, interested in this H27 question as we have bought a villa in a community on the 27. i note the new Publix has been opened and will be called Berry Town. Did someone mention a Walmarts to be built on the 27 near the 192? I know there is a Walmarts down past the I4 at Haines City:)

dbrook
11-08-2003, 01:51
Yes the new Walmart is at Cagans Crossings (right opposite Clear Creek) on the 27 just past where the junction of 192 is I believe. No sign of building yet apparently, so may be a while.

Does anyone know when it is due to open?

Ian Dee
11-08-2003, 01:57
Diane,
must admit the only time we went past the 192 on the 27 was when we missed it! [:I]

kim
19-08-2003, 07:46
Has anyone heard of a new shopping center and/or a new golf course on 27?
I heard a few things but nothing seem confirmed.