PDA

View Full Version : Good flight deals from Scotland

gilly
23-04-2003, 03:12
We were beginning to despair when trying to book flights from either Glasgow or Prestwick for July, stupid quotes like £700 and £800 per adult. Then I contacted Direct Holidays and they gave us best price ever, £450 per adult and £350 per child, child prices are for kids up to 16, unlike most other airlines who class a child as 12 years and over. Its a direct flight from Glasgow to Sanford and great times too. I'll certainly call Direct Holidays first from now on. P.S. cant wait until July!!!!:D:D

shazbat
23-04-2003, 14:50
hi Gilly,
we are wanting flights for july also and have been quoted ridiculous prices--do you have a contact number for direct holidays?
when are you going--is it the school hols (from 19th july onwards).
thanks
shazbat

gilly
23-04-2003, 22:19
Hi shazbat,
we are going 5 - 19 July 03, and booked our flights last August but here is the phone number for Direct Holidays anyway, 0870 606 3920, its always worth a try. Another good site to try is www.ebookers.com another is www.cheapestflights.co.uk , we used this one last time we went to florida and they gave us a good deal, it was at a different time of year though. Let me know if you have any joy, good luck

joy
08-05-2003, 00:59
quote:Originally posted by gilly

We were beginning to despair when trying to book flights from either Glasgow or Prestwick for July, stupid quotes like £700 and £800 per adult. Then I contacted Direct Holidays and they gave us best price ever, £450 per adult and £350 per child, child prices are for kids up to 16, unlike most other airlines who class a child as 12 years and over. Its a direct flight from Glasgow to Sanford and great times too. I'll certainly call Direct Holidays first from now on. P.S. cant wait until July!!!!:D:D

joy
08-05-2003, 01:03
Sorry, just getting the hang of this so my last post was wrong. I have just managed to get cheap flights from Prestwick to Sanford leaving 3 July with Thomas Cook Online. Only 350 pounds each! They are flying out every Thursday through the summer if it is any help to anyone

ER
15-05-2003, 00:34
Sounds good :)- we paid £2,250 for 2 adults and 3 kids at Easter and that was indirect from Edinburgh to Amsterdam and finally MCO. It would have been more expensive from Glasgow.
Who are you flying with?

Elaine

gilly
15-05-2003, 00:37
Flying with My Travel (I hope, heard they are having a bit of trouble)

fester
17-05-2003, 22:55
I'm sure i read somewhere that My Travel's bankers had agreed to a refinancing proposal of some description so you will have no problems with your flights. I also heard that their bookings for summer were up a wee bit. I was looking for flights to Orlando for Sept/Oct 03 and was very nearly booking a fly drive from Glasgow to Sanford when i thought i would take a wee look at the BA site on the off chance that there might be an offer of some description. It turns out that from Aberdeen to MCO (via Gatwick) was £417 (including taxes) each. I then got a good deal on a minivan. So all in all we saved about £450-£500 plus we are now flying from Aberdeen (10 mins away) instead of a couple of hours drive to Glasgow.:D

Fester

jen
18-05-2003, 11:03
Hi

Try www.flights.co.uk lots of cheap charters around at the moment.
We have just paid £149.00 Glasgow - Sanford.
Cheack on-line and then phone to book all went very easily and the staff knew what they were doing. First charter we have used for a while but at that price we will pack the cool bag and enjoy our sarni's on the way (no meals in the price - what a shame!)

Jen

jen
18-05-2003, 11:04
The web site should be www.flight.co.uk Sorry not sure how to edit original post.