PDA

View Full Version : waiver of ineligibility

ptinkmaster
14-07-2005, 14:39
Attended London embassy yesterday for B-2 application. Turned down due to my criminal record from 13 years back, but have been put forward for a 'waiver of ineligibility'.
Has anyone on this forum gone through this process.What are my chances of being accepted for the visa, how long does it take to process, what are the restrictions that come with this kind of visa?
Only reason i applied for B-2 in 1st place was i learnt that criminal record was never spent in US, so i wanted to be honest and up front.
Any help or advise would be great.
Thanks
Tink

ptinkmaster
05-09-2005, 20:23
Hi Everyone,
Just recieved my B-2 visa from Embassy. It has a one year validity and has a restriction on the number of times allowed into the US during that period.I will let you know how i get on at POE when we travel in the next few weeks.
Tink

Robert5988
05-09-2005, 21:06
It would be interesting to know what sort of 13 year old criminal record stopped a 'normal' B2 visa.

Difficult to understand the logic of letting you in a restricted number of times over the course of a year. If they thought there is a risk of you returning to a life of crime - why let you in at all? If they consider you are no risk - why the restrictions?

steph_goodrum
05-09-2005, 21:23
I think often it is a case of just to let you know we're monitoring you sort of approach. If a pattern of entries and exits shows that oyu have complied with all they have asked they are more likely to relax the next time.

Some people have been restricted to one visit only so it seems they are being a bit more lenient with you.

E. Cosgrove
06-09-2005, 00:31
Great news about the visa Tink.
Just to take up Roberts point I think this must have been the same sort of thing;
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_21579.asp

ptinkmaster
06-09-2005, 01:52
Hi
Liz thanks for that link. It does look like i'm in the same situation as the Roberts and will only be allowed in once on this visa. I suppose once is better than nothing. I will have to make best use of my time whilst out there.
As for my criminal record, i was charged with ABH. 12 months suspended sentance. Never in trouble before and never been in trouble since. That must of gone in my favour.
Tink