PDA

View Full Version : Spare Clothes

Theresa
17-02-2002, 17:10
When my two were little I used to pack spare clothes in their hand luggage. I learn't the hard way. One year we were delayed for 3 hours at Gatwick and got a free breakfast. My daughter, who was 4 at the time, spilt her bowl of cereal and milk down herself. I had to hold her socks, top and trousers under the hand dryer in the toilets trying to dry them out. There is nothing worse that sitting hours in wet clothes.

Come to think of it perhaps I should still pack the spare clothes as even at the age of 12 she is still accident prone!

athurstance
17-02-2002, 18:15
I always pack clean t-shirt/sweater for my boys aged 9 and 7. After a long flight they can get very grubby and its very easy to spill a drink. Not very comfortable sitting for 9 hours in a wet shirt.

imported_n/a
17-02-2002, 21:44
I think maybe we go a bit overboard, as we dress them before the flight, change them if there is a spillage and then change them when we get to Orlando into clean TShirt and Shorts! About 4 changes clothes are generally in our hand luggage - with babywipes and a plastic bag for the rubbish.

Mom just mentioned chicken sandwiches - our kids don't like the aeroplane food so these are essential (then again, does anyone like aeroplane food?)

We often travel via Newark where the kids can get a MacDonalds and we can get a very reasonably priced Chinese, so if starvation has set in we know they will get fed at Newark and we don't have to worry about the flight to Orlando.

Ruth
21-02-2002, 03:05
I take spare clothes for me as well, as I always seem to end up wearing some of their dinner!.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-12-2002, 15:27
In addition this time I also had kagouls/plastic rain coats for the children in my hand luggage. Very useful as we travlled vis Philidelphia and it was extremey cold so another layer helped.

Then on arrival home to Manchester lo and behold it was raining...what a suprise!!!!!!

Oh yes our children are still small and so take their special blankets aboard so these can be wrapped round them too!

Sarah

chris
16-12-2002, 17:48
My children are always travel sick. Peter beat the record by managing 7 times on the last flight to Florida! We now try to go hand luggage only, so automatically have one change of clothes anyway.
The sniffer dog at Chambery airport in France got very confused when he came up to our luggage just after we'd got Peter changed, he wouldn't leave the bag alone - try explaining in French to security that they really DO NOT want to put their hand in there!!!!!![xx(]

Chris