PDA

View Full Version : Trendy Clothes for Larger Ladies

pepperation
13-07-2005, 01:49
Do any of you lovely people know where I can purchase trendy clothes and shoes for the larger ladies, in Florida.

Many Thanks

njstringer
13-07-2005, 02:41
Hi There

I think you will find that most outlets have clothes for the larger lady, they cater for them more readily in the USA than they do in the UK.

All the larger stores like Sears, Dillans and JCPenny have ranges for the larger lady.

LiesaAnna
13-07-2005, 11:25
when we went in December i couldnt find anything trendy that i liked i was a size 24, (now looking for 22) in my opinion those we did see were frumpy to me!

blott
13-07-2005, 16:01
Try Capacity Woman (various locations) although most of the store chains have a larger size section. Most sell classic stuff rather than trendy as such but nevertheless good value and people never stop remarking about US purchased clothing in the UK because you can't get the same type of stuff here.

Don't forget you'll be one size smaller in the US too so if you're say, a 24 in the UK, you'll be a 22 in the US. Leisa, you'll be a 20 US size. :)

eagleydo
13-07-2005, 20:16
Bon Worth at Lake Buena Vista usually have clothes that I like. Give it a try I am sure you will not be disappointed.

kokomo
13-07-2005, 20:49
Have you tried Wal-mart[?]

LiesaAnna
13-07-2005, 21:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Try Capacity Woman (various locations) although most of the store chains have a larger size section. Most sell classic stuff rather than trendy as such but nevertheless good value and people never stop remarking about US purchased clothing in the UK because you can't get the same type of stuff here.

Don't forget you'll be one size smaller in the US too so if you're say, a 24 in the UK, you'll be a 22 in the US. Leisa, you'll be a 20 US size. :)
[/quote]

Hey Blott, i wont be!! i am planning on dropping a dress size for florida![msnwink] but 20 still sounds good so hopefully American size i'll be an 18 [clap][clap][clap][clap] goody!

ERICSMUM
29-07-2005, 02:38
I always go to 3 shops: Avenue (The Terrace at Florida Mall,behind Target), Lane Bryant (F Mall) and DressBarn for Women. All do sizes from 14/16 upto 30/32, being a size larger than the UK equiv.

They all do good accessories to go with the clothes, and prtty lingerie/nightwear. Wide range of clothes, from soft cotton T's in summer (zillions of colours) to glam evening wear for Xmas.

Well worth looking.

Also Walmart for very cheep/cheerful shorts and T.s.

Also in Belz there used to be a Liz Claiborne for Women ("Women" in the USA means large sizes), agains with nice clothes and bags/accessories.

Finally look in Macy's/JCPenney, they have "Womens" areas with not too bad stuff.

I could write a book on this subject, there is such a load oc choice compared with what we have at home!

pepperation
29-07-2005, 08:47
Can I thank you all you lovely members for taking the time out to reply to my query. I will let you know how my shopping trip goes upon my return.

Pepperation

knobbyknowles
31-07-2005, 21:56
Lane Bryant (who the wife rates as the best) have an outlet near Belz, which she tells me has some real bargains.

Ian Dee
01-08-2005, 02:11
it depends on what you mean by Trendy!

do you mean Fashionable[msnsmile2]

ahagan
01-08-2005, 06:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by knobbyknowles
Lane Bryant (who the wife rates as the best) have an outlet near Belz, which she tells me has some real bargains.
[/quote]

Where is it located? I am in Florida now and would like to give it a try.

Rocco
01-08-2005, 08:15
Ross has clothes for larger ladies

LiesaAnna
01-08-2005, 13:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ahagan
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by knobbyknowles
[/quote]

Where is it located? I am in Florida now and would like to give it a try.
[/quote]

can you give us an idea of the style please if you go there????
and where it is? many thanx!

ahagan
01-08-2005, 16:39
Liesa

I will definitely do that - I hope to go there today and I will feedback as soon as I'm back :):D

LiesaAnna
01-08-2005, 16:44
Thanks Adeline:)

ahagan
02-08-2005, 01:27
Liesa

Just got back from both Lane Bryant (which is located on the right side as you come out of Dillards into the Mall) and The Avenue(which is on the right side as you enter the Terrace at Florida Mall. Target is on the left).

Both shops were brilliant but I found Lane Bryant had more variety. Both had very trendy clothes and underwear. They cater well for size 16 and over. Have just had good retail therapy and will definitely go back before I leave :).