PDA

View Full Version : Be warned Disney Tickets

maggie
22-04-2003, 22:17
We purchased some disney tickets from a booth inside Sizzlers restaurant in Kissimmee. Looking back we probably were a bit daft, but the woman who sold them to us said she had some tickets which she had bought back from someone and they still had a weeks usage on them. Not thinking to much we bought them and when we went to the park they were out of date. The police got involved and apparently we had the third lot of tickets she had sold that day. The police got involved and she gave us our money back. She was still in the booth selling tickets the day we left. There was eight of us so it could have been quite expensive if we had lost the money. Theres no such thing as a very cheap ticket.

maggie

Amirah
22-04-2003, 22:33
That a terrible story. That is why I went to the Disney Store and bought our tickets from there. When I get to Disney World (2nd week in May) I don't want any problems. Thanks for sharing your story.

esprit
23-04-2003, 00:39
A guest of mine a while back bought some bought back tickets at a booth outside the Ponderosa on west 192. They didnt work either. She emailed me complaining it had spoiled her holiday and I should have warned her about it. I pointed to a paragraph in my fact sheet where I did just that ( and against timeshare touts as well) and she admitted that there was so much on my fact sheet that she had not read all of it ( but wished she had) So perhaps it is something that all villa ownera should think about putting in as if nothing else it covers us.

fiona
23-04-2003, 01:40
Well I also do warn people about this, but I have never thought that a booth inside a restaurant would be carrying on a racket like this. Surely the police can shut it down?

janny
23-04-2003, 12:45
The guy who sells INSIDE the Ponderosa is genuine -we have bought tickets there on many an occasion with no problems-it's the people OUTSIDE you need to be wary of.

maggie
23-04-2003, 13:32
We thought that it would be ok as this was inside the restaurant. We dropped my daughter and her partner off at one of the parks and we came back to the villa. It was when they put the tickets in the machine that they didn't work. They had to get a taxi back to the villa. The police told the woman in the kiosk to pay the taxi fare as well as to return the money on the tickets. We ate in Sizlers on the last day and she was still selling tickets. I just hope no one else gets caught as it spoilt the day for my daughter.

maggie

mjb
19-08-2003, 17:09
I'm surprised that someone would blame the villa-owner for this problem. I would never think to blame anyone but myself for this.

I suppose you villa-owners must see all sorts - I hope to be one of the better ones!!

Thanks for all your wonderful information and advice.
Jackie