PDA

View Full Version : just arrived back from Orlando today.

maggie
22-04-2003, 21:59
We flew to Orlando with Virgin and was very dissapointed that there were no games on this flight either way. Its seems a bit daft that this trip probably has more children than any other destination (I may be wrong) and it would have been a great help to keep the children occupied for a while. Apart from this we had a great time. Spider Man at Island of Adventure was really good. Infact we enjoyed this park better than Universal Studios. Disney World seems a bit out dated now with all the technology in the other parks but it was still very crowded with up to 90mins waiting on some rides. When we went several years ago there was no fast passes but the waiting time didn't seem so long. The new ride in Epcot I thing its called the speed track was 2hours waiting and unfortunately we didn't wait for that. We stayed in a Villa at Lake Berkley and couldn't have asked for more. It was pure luxury. We tried a lot of the buffets but I liked the Las Vegas buffet the best. Now its back to reality, till the next time.

maggie

Amirah
22-04-2003, 22:39
Did the fast passes help?

athurstance
22-04-2003, 23:41
In my experience it is very rare to get games on the Orlando flights - don't know why. We've had them on other US flights but never Orlando. We take gameboy advances for the boys (and me) and a selection of games - that and a couple of movies usually keeps them out of trouble.
The parks are incredibly busy over Easter. We were at Typhoon Lagoon this morning at 9am - found myself a nice little spot at Blustery Bay and we rode all the rides before 10am. Then the boys all went in the Wave pool and I sunbathed and read my book. The crowds were already big but by lunchtime it was wall to wall people - every available chair and lounger was taken. People were very good natured though and lots of chatting and 'where are you from then' - I suppose you have to when you're sat right next to someone like that. Still we had a good time.
The trick with any of the parks during the busy time is arrive early - when the park opens. Within a couple of hours there will be queues for any of the more popular or slower loading rides. We went to Epcot on Saturday. We grabbed fastpasses for Test Track then got in the normal queue - waited about 5 minutes. By then our Fastpast time was due so we rode again straight away. Got some more fastpasses then headed to Body Wars (5 minute wait) then Energy (straight in) and then back to ride Test Track again. The park was absolutely heaving with people it is all a case of having a game plan. By lunchtime we are out of there and back to the villa for a swim and a rest. We then then head back to the parks in the evening. Magic Kingdom is open until midnight all this week and by the time we arrive about 8pm huge crowds are leaving. Of course there are plenty going in too and you won't get on the 3 mountains without a big wait but there will be plenty with little or no queue. To ride the mountains you need to be in the park at 8.30 sharp or prepared to wait.

maggie
23-04-2003, 13:22
Hello Angela,
Yes that was our idea to get there early. When we have been on our own that is what we have done. My daughter and her partner who have no children just couldn't get themselves out that early and this is why we arrived when it was so busy. As you say everyone seemed to take it in their stride. It was just a pity that my grandson missed a few rides because the queues were so long although he was happy with the rides he went on. We usually go in mid May and it is a lot quieter. I am not so sure the fast passes help very much as you have to go to each ride to get one which is also time consuming. We still had a good time though which is the main thing.