PDA

View Full Version : Rental Cars

Pluto
20-04-2003, 21:54
Can anyone recommend the best way to book a rental car. I have looked on the car hire link to this site and got a quote (it seems very reasonable) but will the quote be exact or will I find that there are extras to pay for once I start to book. Any information would be appreaciated. We have hired vehicles in Florida before, but always though a tour operators package. This will be our first time of booking everything separately ourselves.:)

blott
20-04-2003, 22:08
The car rental on this site is fully inclusive with no extras to pay for on arrival in Florida, apart from a tank of fuel if you go for the fully inclusive option. The only options you have to decide on is whether to go for the fully inclusive or the gold (the gold includes extra drivers and a tank of fuel). If you need child seats, these are charged as extra. The only way you'll pay any more is if should you decide to upgrade the car when you arrive in Florida so make sure that the one you choose will meet your needs.

Tour operators usually provide a 'free' rental car and then you pay £20 or so per day to make it fully inclusive. Your 'free' car then turns out to be quite expensive!

Booking everything separately yourself is a good way to make sure that you can take advantage of getting everything to suit you for all the components of your holiday. A much better option to being 'packaged' as some things included in the price of the package may not be suitable for you.

loventor
21-04-2003, 16:33
Try getting quotes from some brokers. We have always done it this way in the past & make great savings. If you need some names of brokers let me know.:D

Pluto
21-04-2003, 16:39
If you could recommend some Brokers that would be great. :)