PDA

View Full Version : Universal on foot

mccaus01
05-07-2005, 21:08
Can anyone tell me which community has the best location for Universal & I Drive on foot or with really good transport links. i am currently looking at Indian Wells but with a party of approx.14 may need to rent 2 villas unless I can find a larger property with good location[clap]

Cheers

Carla
05-07-2005, 22:10
Hi

Sorry to disappoint you but there aren't any rental home developments within walking distance of International Drive and Universal.

I-Drive is a long road. It meets Highway 192 near Indian Wells, but the parts of I-Drive which have the attractions, restaurants, shops etc. is a good 10-15 minute drive away and using I-Drive to get to Universal will take you 20 minutes in the car. You couldn't possibly walk it.

The I-Drive Trolley may come down as far as Highway 192, I'm not sure. Someone else may know the answer to that.

janny
05-07-2005, 22:32
I think it only gets as far as the Premium Outlets on 535

caroline
06-07-2005, 14:05
We've stayed for a couple of nights in the both the Hard Rock and the Portofino which are 2 of Universal's on-site hotels (we had guests in our villa and needed somewhere to stay!) and even then we only walked back from the parks once. We used the on-site transport as in the heat it's a long walk, especially on top of all the walking you do in the parks anyway. Our couple of nights also cost us an absolute fortune!