PDA

View Full Version : Mads 2nd Instalment

fairy_cakes
05-07-2005, 20:29
Saturday 18th

Woke up at very early went to festival bay mall and the premium outlets ....was far too tired to shop so I only bought a pair of trainers... we were so tired that day we ordered a pizza to the room! Watched telly ...unbelievable amount of adverts...Jake thought I was a nerd cos I timed them...can you believe it they are every 7 mins!

Sunday 19th
Up early brekkie in the hotel ..mmm biscuits and gravy (savoury scones and sausage sauce), Jake wasn't so keen he said he didn't like the 'clogged artery feeling' that they gave him!
Universal Studios was just up the road, we went on everything! My Favs were the mummy...I screamed so much everyone thought I was dying! Shek 4D, didn't know what to expect so it was hysterical and we were walking in the 'street' and the blues brothers pulled up in the car and started singing, I was dancing and singing in the street.....Jake was pretending he didn't know me!

Went in Earthquake and the woman in charge of the queuing system messed it up totally I would have been annoyed if if wasn't so stupid! She managed to get everyone who had been waiting the longest to the back of the Q ha ha! There was some very unhappy campers!

It started raining when we had lunch .....eeewww I had the chicken and it was a bit gross can't remember what the place was called, walked round the corner and saw mels diner which looked really cool, well annoyed that I was now full!

Did some more rides and had a huge slice of Key Lime pie and decided we would do Islands of adventure (when I go again will save a day each for these parks as they are excellent!). Jake was a bit grumpy because it was hot and I think he wanted to go home ...it was 5pm ...I on the other hand was ready and raring to go, went on the Hulk this was ace bought the picture cos we both looked really scared ...not sure if the old guy sitting next to me appreciated me screaming profanities.....oops! And an attractive thing I have noticed about myself is that when on a rollercoster I dribble ha ha and my eyes water I feel sorry for those around me!

It then rained and rained and rained it eased up so we then went on duelling dragons (two roller costers that nearly hit each other on the way round) ..... this one I was sooo scared I couldn't scream.....just dribble! bought a cool t shirt from the store next to it ... its got a cute pixie on the front (I didn't realise that her head gets huge when I wear it cos of my boobs!). Did a Cartoonie water ride ...got sooo wet! Jurassic park was great because Jake and I thought this was a kiddie ride until faced with the 50 foot drop! And did Spiderman this one was sooo good I swear I lost touch with reality a couple of times- screamed a lot on this one too!

Then it was time to go after hitting the quicksilver shop...came out with three handbags!

Ate at Mings and fed the Koi - the live music was a perfect end to a perfect day!

Picked up some Oreos on the way home from Walgreen's to eat from Breakfast the next morning!

Mads

Ray&Sarah
05-07-2005, 20:41
Packed alot into the one day here Mads. [msnsmile2]
Oreos is my youngest sons favourite snack in Florida, loves them for breakfast, dinner & tea.[msnwink][msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
05-07-2005, 20:42
[clap][clap][clap]love the way you tell em!!!![msnwink]
keep em coming!!!!!!

Madabouttigger
05-07-2005, 21:18
Oreos are may favourite too - always need to have a bag handy for an emergency!

george
06-07-2005, 00:36
Sounds like you had a great day ! Why are you called Mads ?????[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Pamela

fairy_cakes
06-07-2005, 13:03
Just my name shortened ...its what my mum calls me!

Its madeleine x

jolliffee
06-07-2005, 13:23
What a great trip report, it must be great being on a coaster when you are on it too.... I know what you mean abot Spiderman I totaly lost it when it drops, or feelslike it drops....

george
06-07-2005, 17:29
Thought it might be because you are mad !!!!!
Pamela
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fairy_cakes
Just my name shortened ...its what my mum calls me!

Its madeleine x
[/quote]

fairy_cakes
06-07-2005, 18:05
Yep that too!

eagleydo
06-07-2005, 18:19
I am soooo enjoying this. We love Universal!!

chrizzy100
06-07-2005, 18:26
My daughter was just telling her friend how much she misses eating pizza and watching tv in the hotels.......if you also time some of the shows ..you'll find they run for only 5 mins sometime...so you get 7 mins of ads and 5 of show....it was funny when I lived in the UK...because then I loved the USA ads.....but I just can't watch the channels with so many ads now I live here....

DisneyDreamer
08-07-2005, 23:01
We timed it too....it always amazes me when an ad comes on approx two mins before the programme ends????