PDA

View Full Version : Christmas rentals

MsScarlett
02-07-2005, 20:16
Good Afternoon!
Do most villa owners decorate for Christmas? I assume that special requests like decorations or a Christmas tree would be possible for an additional fee. Can someone give me idea if this is possible and, if so, what the fee would be?
thanks!

walden64
02-07-2005, 20:26
Hi

We have a Christmas tree at our villa - last year we just asked our guests who were at our villa over the Christmas / New year period if they wanted the Christmas tree putting up which they said they did.

We were lucky in that Mike put it up when he went out to the villa for a golfing holiday in December and then I took it down when I went out in January.

I would suggest that you ask the villa owner if they have a Christmas tree.

I personally wouldn't charge any of my guests an additional fee for a Christmas tree.

Michelle

christhear
02-07-2005, 20:28
We have left a tree in the garge from last year that guests may use if they wish. We will not charge anything for this but ask that if the guests choose to put the tree up they also put it away agaun at the end of their stay.

heathercobbett
02-07-2005, 22:14
We have a fibre optic tree with some nice cherub ornaments.

huckleberry house
02-07-2005, 22:32
I have mine decorated outside with icicle lights, net lights and animated dear and inside with a fibre optic lit tree ( thanks to Carla for last years great display ) There is no cost to guests as it is something I love to do, the whole cul de sac takes part and looks fantastic with all the houses dressed up.

Lesley

SunLover
02-07-2005, 23:14
We always provide a large fully decorated and lit Christmas Tree for those guests staying over the Christmas period, at no additional charge.

We do check with the guests however if they have any religious or other objections to having a tree in the property.

berni_richards
02-07-2005, 23:32
We have a tree and all I would ask is that is it taken down when the guests are leaving at the end of their stay, no charge.

steph_goodrum
03-07-2005, 00:47
We leave decorations so the guests can decorate if they wish.

Some people have religious objections but also some people go to escape particularly bad personal problems and dont want to be reminded.

Jill
03-07-2005, 12:03
We have both Christmas decorations for our guests and Halloween pumpkin lights. We have had some of our English guests with children wanting to join in the trick or treat fun at Halloween.

chris c
03-07-2005, 13:22
We also provide a tree, lights and decorations. They are free for guests' use, but have to be requested as they are kept in my owners' closet.

Ana
03-07-2005, 21:55
We will be putting up a Christmas Tree and decs as we are there at the beginning of December to do it. It's easy this year as our Christmas Guests are people we know quite well and they have hinted that they would like a tree :D

Carla
03-07-2005, 22:16
Same here and I'm in the same little street as Lesley. All 8 homes get decorated, so ours would look a bit miserable if we didn't join in as well.

We have a 7' fibre optic lit decorated tree inside, and lights, reindeer and all sorts outside. I go over to my home just after Thanksgiving each year and decorate the villa, and then leave it that way for the Christmas and New Year guests. That way I get a lovely pre-Christmas trip to Florida and my guests get a lovely welcoming christmassy home.

I add to and change the external decorations each year. We love it and so do our guests. Make's us feel like we really are locals and not just vacation owners.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Do you want another display this year Lesley? I've already got my flights booked (26 Nov. to 10 Dec.).[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
I have mine decorated outside with icicle lights, net lights and animated dear and inside with a fibre optic lit tree ( thanks to Carla for last years great display ) There is no cost to guests as it is something I love to do, the whole cul de sac takes part and looks fantastic with all the houses dressed up.

Lesley
[/quote]

huckleberry house
04-07-2005, 02:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
Same here and I'm in the same little street as Lesley. All 8 homes get decorated, so ours would look a bit miserable if we didn't join in as well.

Do you want another display this year Lesley? I've already got my flights booked (26 Nov. to 10 Dec.).[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house

Lesley
[/quote]
[/quote]

Carla youre a star, that would be fantastic, thank you [msnsmile2]

Lesley

Mo Green
04-07-2005, 15:16
We have a fibre optic tree, door wreath and rope lights round the trunks of the palm trees. Our villa is in a mainly residential area so we can not compete with the neighbours especially the one below who starts putting the lights up at Thanksgiving and finishes just before Christmas!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mo Green/20057411158_Lights31.jpg

LiesaAnna
04-07-2005, 15:24
that is beautiful!!!!!!

when we go in December there has never been nor offered by our villa owner (perhaps he didnt know whether to do this) but we drive all around where we were staying and some in close proximity (near to florida pines) and there are many fab decorations all around!! just when we think we have found the best ever we turn another corner and there are more!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its such a pretty sight for us!!!!!
one day we will spend christmas the whole christmas in florida!!!!!!!!!!![clap][clap][clap]

CERICROWLEY
04-07-2005, 16:47
I have been to Florida the past three Christmas's and now wouldn't stay anywhere else.

We have a real christmas tree from Home Depot and the pine fragrance is outstanding.

If you leave it late enough to pick up a tree. We have found Home Depot give them away for free. We had ours for free last year.

I would only be too happy to put christmas decs up for guests, but I wait until they asked q

Carla
04-07-2005, 18:32
You're on Lesley. We'll have a whole herd roaming the street this year.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

ahagan
05-07-2005, 19:35
We put up a 7ft tree, pre-decorated with lights and other ornaments and this proved very popular with our Christmas and new year guests.