PDA

View Full Version : July/August 2004 Florida Holiday Advice

Donald Duck
17-04-2003, 16:33
Hi Everyone
Next year there are 7 of us planning to go to Florida, myself and my boyfriend, his kids (will be 17 and 18 then), my brother, best friend and boyfriends mum. As my boyfriend is a single parent I am trying to give us both plenty of time to sort it out and get the best deals. As this is the first time any of us have been to Florida what is the best way of getting flight/car hire and villa at a good price flying from Manchester. Would really appreciate any information, his kids have not had a holiday for 4 years so have to make it affordable and unfortunately in the school holidays. Thanks for your input.

[8D]Liz

Ann
17-04-2003, 17:25
Liz
you can get good car hire rates on this site
Just shop around for flights i am sure they wont be that cheap during the school hols again you can check this out on here
for a villa put in a general enquiry to this site and you can see the prices and availability from individual owners
you can do them all seprate and get an idea of the cost for 2004 without obligation
hope this helps

timmy
19-04-2003, 17:10
We travelled to Orlando in August 2002 from Manchester. We decided to travel with Virgin as the flight times are great and you arrive in Orlando at 2.30pm, so plenty of time to get settled in. The flights are also direct and the kids love the Virgin experienc ie personal TVs and Nintendo's. So although more expensive, the quality is worth paying for.

The cheaper flights either arrive at Sanford 40 miles out, or mean changing planes in the USA. They often arrive in Orlando late in the evening so can be very tiring.

One advantage of travelling in August is that the Americans return to school early August. We found the Theme Parks quiet from mid August on; full of Brits still on holiday.

By the way, our travelling companion was a recently divorced Mum and her childre; they had the holiday of a lifetime. Best day out - Discovery Cove.

esprit
19-04-2003, 17:37
True the cheaper flights do arrive at Sanford and true it is further out. But getting out of Sanford can be quicker and easier. no monorail, no chaning terminals, less queues at immigration and car hire, all car hire on site. This is a consideration. We dont actually think there is much difference time wise between the two airports and if you use the Central Florida Greeneway through from Sanford, it is a much quieter end easier journey than tyring to negotiate the Bee Line and 1-4 straight off.

Unfortunately July and August are expensive flight wise wherever you fly into. If you fly charter into Sanford and fly late August ( say 20th on) the price does drop down somewhat.