PDA

View Full Version : Thomas cook seat upgrade

domster
01-07-2005, 01:04
Has anyone flown with the new thomas cook airways and upgraded to their premium service.

I bagged a bargain :)through charter travel for £500 including this upgrade and want to know if it is any better than economy.

cheers

lisasranch
01-07-2005, 02:41
Havent gone with Thomas cook but have just got back yesterday from flying with MyTravel through Airtours Direct for the first time (usually go Virgin but to expensive this time) It cost us £345 per person including car hire and car ins and upgrade to Premier Gold, it was a brilliant flight (they got us there early both ways), great upgrade, no standing in ques, food okish but overall great value for money.

cjboatman
01-07-2005, 03:34
I have just checked the Thomas Cook site, sorry if not allowed to name it, very good.

We are looking for flights in October from either Belfast or Dublin. They appear to be very expensive at the minute. We flew with Mytravel earlier this year for £200 each return including car.

No more of theese fairs about so it would seem.

owen3
01-07-2005, 03:41
i got a cheap flight on the 16 june with my travel. i paid £148 for one week. if i went the previous week for two weeks it was only £136 per person. i trird to upgrade to premium, but they were full, i only booked two days before. let us know what premium is like when you get back dom. barbara

Southsider
01-07-2005, 04:36
I flew with Thomas Cook and came back last Saturday, the premium seats were sold, so had to settle for extra leg room seats. The meal on the way back was not so good but to fly Virgin worked out an extra £300 each for those dates. The premium seats are leather ones.

Ana
01-07-2005, 13:19
Please let us know how your flight goes Dom - cheaper flights = more visits :D:D:D

allyjack
01-07-2005, 14:37
If you are flying from Dublin why not try Aer LIngus before it ends in January can get for €500-600 in Ocober- just checked-depending on when travelling and they have full luggage allowances which swayed me. I actually get in November for €350 so can't beat that.
Alison

domster
01-07-2005, 15:38
Will let you know Ana. I am a great beleiver of not paying overblown prices from Virgin and BA (No matter if they use gold plated cutlery). I would rather have the extra money to spend on us when there.

Only reason we upgraded was we are allowed 35kg each in baggage and as going out to villa for first time wanted to take a lot of stuff. Was £8 per kilo for extra baggage!!!

Don't know where people are getting flights with MYtravel for £148. My brother works for them and I have been looking for ages for cheap flights and could not get any under £350.

KevinT
01-07-2005, 18:34
Dom ,

I have travelled with Thomas Cook Airlines a few times from Newcastle/Sanford and have been quite satisfied with them. Last year we booked the premium seats, but I would not do so again.
The seats we were allocated in the Prem area had large metal boxes screwed to the floor under the seats in front so although we had more knee room, I could not stretch my legs out at all. So much for extra LEGROOM !
The priority check in at Newcastle didn't work out either, as one family had commandeered the premium check in attendant with a complicated question which involved her leaving the desk to sort out. Then followed more deep discussions. By the time she got to dealing with us a fair sized queue had built up at the premium desk and we would have been better just queueing at the normal desks. ( It transpired that the family with the problem were not even in premium seats but had just buttonholed that clerk because she looked unoccupied!!)
T/Cook airline themselves are OK (IMHO)as long as they are using their own aircraft (which are usually Airbus 300s). If you are just booked through Thomas Cook Travel though make sure they are not sub contracting through another charter co. like Excel (as they did on our last trip) Excels plane did not even have any premier seats, and the legroom was the worst I have ever had.

RIS
01-07-2005, 19:40
Thomas Cook use Airbus A330's to Orlando. The aircraft came new direct from Airbus about 3 years ago.

KJH
01-07-2005, 21:37
I have been on the thomas cook site, but cannot find anything on upgrading, can anyone help?

Kaz

owen3
02-07-2005, 02:36
dom i went on airtours that is where i got my flight from. flew out 16 june returned 23 june. still got my confirmation if you would like to see it. barbara

domster
02-07-2005, 19:56
Barbara,

I was shocked that you could get a flight to Florida for that Price. I have never seen them that cheap. Did you get car hire with this deal.

owen3
02-07-2005, 21:20
no just the flight, i was by myself, didnt fancy driving. thomson is similar price. barbara

Cruella DeVilla
05-07-2005, 06:50
Dom,

We upgraded with Virgin last week on the flight from Gatwick and it was worth every penny.