PDA

View Full Version : General Hints

steph_goodrum
17-02-2002, 13:12
How about a forum for general hints and tips to get the most from your vacation ? Some of the tips like taking swimwear etc. apply to wherever you go but people may not see them as if they are listed on a specific attraction and they are not planning to visit that one they may be missed.

steph

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 17/02/2002 09:13:13

Theresa
17-02-2002, 14:24
Thats a good idea if we give them enough to do the guests will realise that you can't "do" Florida in only 2 weeks.

steph_goodrum
17-02-2002, 16:24
I was thinking more along the lines of things like "Don't forget to tip" as it is customary to do so. Approx 15-20% of bill for service and at bars usually about $1 per drink seems to be the norm.
t as Theresa says the more info we can give to people who come to Florida the more likely they are to repeat their trips to do the things they've missed. Out of interest I wonder how many people tell their friends and family they are going to Orlando for their holiday and then the only part of Orlando they actually see is the airport.

steph

Edited by - steph_goodrum on 17/02/2002 12:27:29

Theresa
17-02-2002, 16:50
OK - heres a tip then.

If you are visiting the Parks in the hot Summer months, squirt fans are great for keeping cool. It is a bottle with a spray nozzle and fan with shoulder strap. They can be a bit expensive in the Parks around $10 each. I bought a squirt bottle from Walmart with a strap for $3.00 - just as effective even without the fan.

carole7007
17-02-2002, 17:04
We got the bottles complete spray, straps and fans in Wal-Mart for $3.99 or 2 for $7.00. They did not have the Disney characters on like the ones they sell in the parks, but they were in bright colours and assorted designs.

Carole & Keith

steph_goodrum
17-02-2002, 18:20
Whilst it is great to wonder round in the sunshine, don't forget to pack a thin cardigan or something long sleeved if you are going into the restaurants, shopping centres etc. The air-conditioning feels great when you first go into a place but if you are sitting there it can feel quite chilly after a time.

steph

imported_admin
17-02-2002, 19:26
I have set up a new forum 'General Vacation Hints and Tips' for these discussions.

Roger