PDA

View Full Version : Flydrives from £99

alanandjude
29-06-2005, 01:32
The Daily Star are running a promotion this week with Airtours Fly Drives from £99 for a week. All you need to do, apparently, is collect 3 passwords which will be published from today until Friday.

Dates and places are limited and you have to pay extra for car insurance but it might be worth a look.

Jude & Alan

berni_richards
29-06-2005, 01:43
On another forum people have found out that after all the surcharges this is not such a good idea.

If I find anything else out I will let you all know.

Basically it is too good to be true and they have limited availability in sept (early) and it comes to 400+ so 99 it is not.

Robert5988
29-06-2005, 02:57
There have been loads of similar promotions - usually for scheduled airlines. I may have beeen unlucky but I have never found one that offered me any substantial advantages over a normal booking.

heathercobbett
29-06-2005, 13:31
As always the free car is not really as it costs you more in obligatory insurance than renting one with the link above

trevlad
30-06-2005, 00:16
dont totaly discount it tho' cos last year we flew in may with my travel/airtours for £99. the insurance for the car was more expensive so we ditched it and hired a soft top for same from here. i havent seen the deal but check out the small print

Gary Murphy
30-06-2005, 01:53
found out today that they have already been selling the flights and all the £99 ones have gone (they only had 3 on each flight).
i did get a good deal 2weeks from 4th oct fot £236 each including all supplements ( did not take the car hire)
apparently there are some 2 week flights left,so dont wait till friday like the papers say

good luck
Gary

cjboatman
30-06-2005, 03:35
Gary,

Did you need all three passwords to book, if so any chance of a quick DM.

Might be worth a try, thought you had to take the car, which made it more expensive than other offers, but in hindsight.

Hope you can help.