PDA

View Full Version : How Busy does it get ?

pberming
28-06-2005, 16:55
Hi,

We are goign over for xmas/new year. Just wondering how busy does it get, restaurnats, shops etc, is it total bedlem. I know the Parks will be manic, but what about everything else?

Thanks
Paul

Maureen
28-06-2005, 17:42
Lucky you! We were over there last Christmas/New Year. Yes, it is absolutely bedlam! Parks are packed, restaurants (good ones) need to be booked and traffic jams on the I4 are a daily thing.

Shopping at the malls (Premium for example) was unbelievable! They have a gigantic car park (as everywhere) but cars where double parked on the kerbside.

New Years Eve was spent at Universal and it took us over 2 hours just to get out of the multi-storey which I've been told is the biggest car park in the world (is that true?)

All said, the atmosphere and attitude of everyone in Orlando at this time of year is terrific and you'll absolutely love it! It's the only time and place in my experience that you'll forgive everyone and everything! We had a fantastic time. Universal at New Year is unbeatable except maybe Magic Kingdom for the little ones.

Ray&Sarah
28-06-2005, 20:41
As long as you go prepared that it will be busy you will be fine. WE have been in Orlando for Christmas and New Year a couple of times. We avoided the parks on Christmas Day and had a relaxing time at the villa and a drive around Celebration to see all the lights on the houses. We love Orlando at this time of year, it is a magical place to be. If you book a table at a restaurant on the main holidays then you won't have to do the queing thing on the day.[msnsmile2]

stabard
28-06-2005, 22:25
We missed xmas but where there for New Year and it was fabulous - we are going again this year and I can't wait. Have to say the first week in January was great as the parks where much quieter then, hardly any queues at all. WE also went to Blizzard beach and it was the first time I did not burn my feet when walking around:D.
We spent New Year at Old Town and the atmosphere was great, also had the added advantage of only geing 5 mintues from home at the end of the evening![msnwink]

All in all a great time of year - have fun!

eagleydo
29-06-2005, 02:24
We will be spending New Years Eve at Old Town this year can't wait. Not sure what the weather will really be like having only been in August (too hot for me)September and October. Not too cold I hope because I do like the heat, as long as it is not 90s/100 as it was most afternoons, when we went in August one year.

luckylady
29-06-2005, 12:40
We were in Florida for 4 weeks last December /January the weather was just right for me,we had a cold spell
25/26th Decthen the weather was good for the rest of our stay. We had the day in Universal on New Years Eve watched the firework display at Midnight only in the last hour wore a sweater, the sales after Christmas are the best
Barbara