PDA

View Full Version : Julie's Hols - 3rd & Final Part

julieanne
28-06-2005, 15:10
This week started with some decent weather [8D] – great for those who were “doing the parks” not perfect for sunworshippers like me but we did spend most of Monday to Wednesday around the pool making the most of when the sun came out. Actually to be fair we got a few hours of good sunshine each day and even when the clouds took over it was dry and hot. Had a few food breaks of course…. Made more trips to Vine Street and LBV – got stocked up with my Liz Claiborne perfumes, purses etc from Wilsons and lots of baby/kiddie clothes from Carters (kiddie's stuff for friends not me I must add).

Lots more lovely meals were had at Red Lobster, Outback, Cheesecake again and yet again!!, Changs again, and Bahama Breeze….
I just can't get enough of this food - so many lovely choices - how does a girl decide [msntongue] [msntongue]

Then thanks to Tropical Storm Arlene the rains came again – so we took the opportunity to have a drive around and look at some of the newer communities that we've not seen before and I dreamt of one day being able to buy my own home here.
More trips to Target and Walmart and we also spent some time at Old Town which we might not have done had the sun been shining. Probably due to the weather it was fairly quiet here.

Saturday – our last full day – the sun did make an appearance for a few hours on the afternoon so that kept me happy. Washed the towels and packed before we went out, I hate this part and was already getting tearful at the prospect of going home. :( [msncry] [msncry] Had out last evening meal at Tony Romas (last proper baby-backs for quite a while) [msntongue].

Sunday – up early to get the washer going again and pick up our last bits and pieces. Rang to check if the flight was on-time and set off for Sanford.
Just as I parked the car in the short-term parking lot the heavens opened with what was probably our heaviest downpour of the fortnight, I was soaked just leaning out of the window to collect my ticket. We were the only people at check in and were pleased to be told that it would be a FC plane and the premium seating was available.
The rain had now eased from hammering down to a steady downpour and we set off to find Sanford town. Spent a few hours there, walking around main street altho most places were closed as it was Sunday and then we had a stroll along the water front. This would have been great way to spend a few hours if the weather had been better, altho it did dry up as we were about to leave for the airport. Returned the car and walked straight thru security checks there was no-one else there altho there was now a queue at the check in desk.

By now the sun was shining (which according to others it had been all day in the Disney/Kissimmee area) so guess who made the most of the sun deck that they have at Sanford???? But all too soon the call came for us to board. The flight home was as good as it could be. Seats were quite comfy – the entertainment was good but I didn’t really take advantage of it as I tried to get as much sleep as I could – the food was pretty poor (as normal) altho others seemed to enjoy it.

And that was it – another Florida holiday ends [msncry] [msncry] – lets hope its not too long before the next one.
I know it's not as exciting reading about shopping and eating compared to all the great reports we get describing action packed days at the parks - so hopefully I haven't bored you all too much…..

LiesaAnna
28-06-2005, 17:43
hey julie, we're not all into the parks all the time!! it makes quite a refreshing change to see all different sorts of holidays, i personally dont see how people can do all the parks and shop and sightsee all in fortnights holiday, i couldnt!!
and i'm so glad you all enjoyed it!!!
hope it wont be too long before you go again, any photos???

Curly Wurly
28-06-2005, 18:34
Another nice report Julie - like Liesa says, its not everyones cup of tea to go tearing round the parks!! We do, but we have teenagers who need entertaining for what seems like 24/7 !!! :D

I know its sad when your holiday is over but you've got all your lovely memories to think back on.

Ray&Sarah
28-06-2005, 20:35
A great last report Julie, just reading about those Tony Roma Ribs made my mouth water, roll on our holiday in August.[msnsmile2]

andrewmckay5
28-06-2005, 20:40
Well done Julie; not at all boring.
andrew

KevinT
28-06-2005, 23:49
We tend not to do the parks very much , so find it very interesting to hear what others do. Sounds like you had a great time. I know that sinking feeling when you realise it's your last full day there. You feel like you want to sqeeze everything you've done into the last day again!! :D
I'm glad the journey back was better for you. Great reports -thank you.[clap][clap]

E. Cosgrove
29-06-2005, 01:01
My sort of holiday Julie. We only did the parks at Easter cos we had the "kids" with us[msnsmile2]

DisneyDreamer
30-06-2005, 22:44
We enjoy the sort of holiday your trip report describes...which is why I have enjoyed reading it so much!:D