PDA

View Full Version : help me in choosing

paulus
28-06-2005, 12:16
hello all of you

we are a family with 3 teenagers in the age of 13-15-17

we have a lot of options at hand at this moment for our 2 weeks visit july/august

can you please help me ranking the following communities and the reason why
lake palms
hampton lakes
sunset lakes
glenbrook
southern dunes
high grove
creekside
emerald island

thanks really a lot for making life easier

the fleers family
holland

SteveW
28-06-2005, 12:49
All of those communities are nice and all offer differing options. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed with any of the homes.

Why not let the family choose... you narrow the choice down to say 6 homes and let the wife and children rank them ... 6 points for the best down to 1... add up the points and the home with the most points is the winner... thus everyone is happy !

This is not my idea so I won't take the credit, but I read it somewhere on another forum posting and it sounded a great idea to me.

dawn
28-06-2005, 12:58
Hello The Fleers Family,

Welcome to the Forum. All of the communities have something special.:) A good place to start would be deciding what you specifically like, for example:
Large community
Small Community
Outlook
Golf courses
Proximity to the parks
Community facilities
You then need to make a shorlist of what you would like the home to have - number of bedrooms etc.
There are also Community descriptions on each of the sites at the top of the page.
You are sure to get lots of help and information from the owners on these sites - we all love our homes and Florida, and never stop talking about them[msnwink]

janny
28-06-2005, 13:09
By Lake Palms do you mean The Palms Lake Davenport on the 27?
As the others have said decide what you want from the home and see how it suits your family and go from there.All the comunites have their own special feel and none of them are too far away from the parks so wherever you go you will be fine .Just ask away if you have any more questions .

heathercobbett
28-06-2005, 13:15
I agree with Steve; just add in that indefinable factor that makes you go wow! And then you can dream of seeing your own family in there

Get the family to write down their wish list and that will narrow things down further

Just one thing,I would get on to ittoday as there are a lot of summer rquests coming through at the moment

huckleberry house
28-06-2005, 13:35
Personally I wouldnt choose the community first, I would choose the home that I liked rather than where it is. If this is for July/August this year I wouldnt spend too much time choosing a community before making a general enquiry as the majority of homes may well be fully booked anyway. You may be better to make a general request first and see which houses you like out of those available.

Best wishes, Lesley

LiesaAnna
28-06-2005, 13:43
gonna be a tough cookie!!!!
so many lovely villas,
do as other suggested, check out whats the most important aspect for you/family,
how close to the parks, comunity facilities, size of the villa, the pool, so many different reasons for and against? write in list whats most important and take it from there!
happy holidays!!!!

dolphinv
28-06-2005, 14:51
I would shortlist the home I like before the community...

paulus
28-06-2005, 14:55
[quote]Originally posted by janny
By Lake Palms do you mean The Palms Lake Davenport on the 27?

the Palms at Lake Davenport Estates

kokomo
28-06-2005, 14:57
When we bought our villa the time factor to disney didn't come into it. We looked at many communities and although all the villas were lovely, we just kept coming back to the same community. This was due to the spaciousness of the community, the lovely surroundings and all the local conveniences which surrounded us. We would't change it for the world and I am sure everyone feels the same as we do for one reason or another about their own choice of community.

[msnsmile2]

steph_goodrum
28-06-2005, 15:10
I have to agree with the other and say choose your home first nad look at the location second. Most of the communities you have listed are around 15 mins on average from Disney, when you get there though you will soon find that because a villa is situated 2 miles form Disney doesn't make much difference from one 11 miles away as once you get onto Disney property it is so huge that time will be the same wherever you are coming from so you will only spend an extra 5-10 mins in the car anyway.

The only one that is further away from your shortlist (Southern Dunes) has other advantages in that it's situated on a golf course with restaurant , clubhouse and true walking distance to Walmart and other eateries so that may cancel out the worry of an extra 15 mins in the car.

Have you made an enquiry yet and these are the homes available or have you made the shortlist before you know what is actually vacant for your dates, as you may spend a lot of time working this out and then find out the homes are booked.

We chose the location of our home because (foolishly as it turns out we liked the drive throught the Orange Groves after all the razamatazz of Disney and it felt more like getting into the country on days when we weren't visiting the parks and didn't want to get caught up in the Disney traffic. I say foolishly purely because over the last 5 years more of the Orange Groves have gone (although we still have some out back of development we can stroll to, over the 5 years, as more homes have been built but we still love the convenience of the location with more facilities coming online as the area develops , so it's swings and roundabouts.

wrpac00
28-06-2005, 16:49
As Lesley said, if it is for this July/August you may not get a lot of choice.

chrizzy100
28-06-2005, 17:21
I would pick the house first.....july/aug is very hot and humid so thats the place you'll be spending a lot of your time.....

luckylady
28-06-2005, 17:32
Choose your home first, whats the point being that close to Mickey
If you don't like the home you are staying at for your holiday
Barbara

steph_goodrum
28-06-2005, 18:07
Have a look at overall facilities and prioritise them and get the family to do the same, with 3 teenagers you might want basketball courts for example or other community faciliities so they can have a bit of space, if they prefer to stay at home then you might want a games room for them.
You could pick a community because it has cyber cafe for example and then find your villa has internet and computer access anyway so that choice would then be irrelevant.

I'm sorry if we're not being much help with your original request to help you choose but you know your family and know what is important to them and what will give the most pleasure/ least aggro scenarion.

domster
28-06-2005, 20:13
All of the communities you have mentioned are good and within easy access of Disney etc.

I would choose a villa that meets your needs then check out the area.

paulus
28-06-2005, 22:44
thanks a lot all of you
it really is nice to have all these answers
i will stop confusing you, we have narrowed our choice down to sunset lakes or hamlet
any comments left before we finalise ?
thanks again fromn the whole family
paul

huckleberry house
29-06-2005, 02:05
Hi Paul

Are you choosing between the two communities without knowing what is available or are you making a choice bewteen two specific villas on those communities ? As mentioned earlier I wouldnt choose by community first as the villas may either not be available or may not be to your liking or have facilities that you require. If it is between two specific villas then the choice has to be yours and would depend on your own particular likes and dislikes, privacy would be the most important aspect to me for example but may not matter to you so go with the home that looks the best to you and your family.

Best wishes, Lesley