PDA

View Full Version : Crescent lakes

Rodney
25-06-2005, 19:03
We are staying here in August:D:D:D
Any tips from anyone who has stayed here would be welcome.
My son and his girlfriend are into wildlife and wondered if any local walks are worth trying.
I'm more interested in nearby restaurants and shopping though.
Any recommendations for the nearest and best supermarket?
Are we miles away from amenities? ie would it be reasonable to get a taxi to local restaurants so that I can drink?
Any help would be welcome

blott
25-06-2005, 19:14
You picked a good place for wildlife as there is loads of it! Try the Reedy Creek Nature Reserve (open to the public at weekends) just down the road and also the Disney Wilderness Preserve just a little further. You'll also be able to spot lots of wildlife from your villa and will probably see eagles, vultures, heron (various), egrets, sandhill cranes, turtles, frogs, raccoons, etc, etc and, if you're really lucky, perhaps an alligator or two. You can also fish from any of the numerous lakes or, about five minutes away, is Lake Tohopekaglia (Toho for short!) for serious fishing (but you need a licence for this).

There's Horse World Riding Stables, if anyone's into that, a few minutes away, and also a Boggy Creek Airboat ride location.

There's a choice of two Wal-Marts, two Publix, one Winn Dixie supermarkets all within easy driving distance of 5 or less minutes as well as more local stores like the 7-eleven, CVS Pharmacy and Walgreens, all of which sell food.

There's a great Sonny's BBQ restaurant within a few minutes, along with a McDonald's, Beef O'Brady's, Burger King and Denny's plus some local non-chain restaurants. The 192 is about 5 - 7 minutes away where you'll find loads and loads of restaurants to choose from so getting a taxi shouldn't be too expensive. You can also order in from various restaurants that deliver to the homes in Crescent Lakes.

So, miles away from amenities? I don't think so! [msnwink]

You'll have a great time I know. [msnsmile2]

trevlad
26-06-2005, 14:11
we stayed last year on crescent lakes, i didnt find any 'walkable' shops, we used to nip into the 7/11 petrol station for breakfast supply on our way out in the morning its a few minutes up poinciana heading north.
last year they were starting a new development opposite the entrance to the lakes turn in. it doesnt affect the crescent lakes bit cos its set at the back and a good proportion of the villas back on with privacy to the wildlife. we called it the premiership estate cos it had 2 big lions outside similar to the premier logo! i dont know if that may get some shops tho.

it is a bit further down from disney than perhaps the us 27/192 corridor but the up side is that its more in the country or perhaps real florida. different birds flying about rather than rows of oranges! its also good for olive garden on the 192!and close to the southern version of boggy creek airboats
enjoy[msnsmile2]