PDA

View Full Version : Relocation, Relocation, Relocation

sarahjane
12-04-2003, 02:57
So heres the challenge.

We are looking to relocate to Florida later this year. We need to be within daily commuting distance of Orlando as this is where we will be working, but want to live in an area that people live in as opposed to just vacationers. Can anyone suggest any areas where a relatively young couple (30ish) could consider to relocate.

blott
12-04-2003, 03:46
Real people actually live on most of the communities where there are short term rental homes too! But you may find the commute takes too long into Orlando itself (I'd recommend staying away from anywhere that relies on the I4 to get into Orlando). What about Hunters Creek (off John Young Parkway or Orange Blossom Trail), Dr Phillips/Sandlake or places like Winter Park or Maitland or St Cloud or even the new Bellalago development on Pleasant Hill Road (which will have a lot of facilities described below relating to condos)? However, bear in mind that purely residential areas tend to be up market and quite expensive around Orlando if you're looking for a detached house with a pool.

A condo might be an idea - these generally have communual pools, free internet access, gym, tennis courts, etc, etc. You can get an idea of rental condos from http://www.rent.com and then look for one to purchase rather than rent if you wanted.

steph_goodrum
12-04-2003, 11:43
Hi Sarah Jane
If you look at www.orlandosentinel.com which is the online version of the local paper they have a section on relocation which may be useful and tell you which are the nicest areas to live in, schools etc.

esprit
12-04-2003, 20:52
Hunters Creek seems to be very popular. I know a couple of people who have moved out from the UK who bought on there. The houses are slightly dearer than the short term rental homes though. Nioe and near to Supertarget as well!!