PDA

View Full Version : British Airways

bridget
23-06-2005, 17:39
Got a quote for flight next year - 1 May for 14 nights, £439 each. I usually go with Virgin but they're a lot more expensive. Can anyone comment on BA's flights? Do they have the same sort of entertainment system on board as Virgin? Your comments are greatly appreciated. :)

fiona
23-06-2005, 18:22
We fly BA if we can as we find them preferable to Virgin in terms of staff service and ability to resolve problems if any technical difficulties. Regarding in-flight entertainment they have the individual screens with a large amount of films, tv programmes and radio. There is a children's channel and you can get a kids meal if you pre-order.

Cruella DeVilla
23-06-2005, 18:54
I would always choose BA over any other airline given the choice. They are really professional and we have never had any real problems with them. We have flewn to California and Georgia with them in the past couple of years. (Flying on Sunday with Virgin which is the 2nd-3nd time I have flown with them so we shall see, as I don't remember anything about those flights apart from the fact it was to New York, I think I used them for Hong Kong to).

Snapper
23-06-2005, 19:06
Personally I think BA are the best airline in the world and beat all the competition hands down. I say book the flights straight away while they are offering such a competitive fare.

Sally D
23-06-2005, 20:22
Only flown with BA or Virgin to Florida and we can not fault BA[msnsmile2]. Hopefully I will be saying that when we fly with them in October.

Ray&Sarah
23-06-2005, 20:31
We flew with BA in February to Tampa, all in all not a bad flight and had a free upgrade on the return flight which made it even better.[msnsmile2]

luckylady
23-06-2005, 21:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
Personally I think BA are the best airline in the world and beat all the competition hands down. I say book the flights straight away while they are offering such a competitive fare.
[/quote]
I agree with Steve I have tried others but BA
has the edge,get your tickets as soon as you can
these will NOT LAST!!!!
Barbara

Lynnes
23-06-2005, 21:50
Have to agree ( a bit biased as our son is a pilot for BA) They are the best airline though.

linda allen
23-06-2005, 22:22
Yes they certainly are the best in my eyes, but then my hubby is a pilot with them and I was a Cabin Service Director until last Friday when I left after 21.5 years.

24-06-2005, 00:30
Yes they are the best!!! I was a CSD with them too and did 20 years flying and a year on the ground, you can't beat them[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

eagleydo
24-06-2005, 02:34
I flew BA only once and have used Virgin ever since. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the flight was great, food was the problem. My brother's eldest two sons and my daughter all had adult tickets but were given childrens meals on the outward and the return journey. My daughter is a faddy eater and only just old enough for an adult fare was ok about this it suited her fine but my nephew's aged 18 and 16 (both 6 footers with appetites to match)were not happy and very hungry, not to mention embarassed. BA were not interested when I wrote to them and all they said was that hopefully things would be better next time( as if, with a response like that I never booked with them again). Just to add insult to injury my youngest nehew aged 7 was omitted when they handed out the kids backpacks, no excuse given.

moodyvilla
24-06-2005, 02:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda allen
Yes they certainly are the best in my eyes, but then my hubby is a pilot with them and I was a Cabin Service Director until last Friday when I left after 21.5 years.

[/quote]

Congratulations on your retirement Linda[msnwink] 21.5 years is a long time to work for the same company.

IMHO You can't beat BA especially for short haul, must admit though I think Virgin have the edge on them over the Atlantic.

Jill
24-06-2005, 03:28
We normally use BA to fly to Florida however when we fly this November we are going to be using Virgin as we could not get the outbound flights we wanted. We usually have seat back televisions. The food is edible (which is about all that can be said for any airline food). We have always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.