PDA

View Full Version : What do you buy?

PollyA
23-06-2005, 16:33
Do you buy anything in Florida that you just cannot get in England?
Or are you like me and can't wait to get there for those things that are so much cheaper than home? I love the cheap cosmetics in the supermarkets.

becbecs
23-06-2005, 16:40
Think where just like you Polly, the savings to be made are great.
Don't think we have bought the kids Trainers (Sneekers) in UK for about 3 years. We tend to take 3 cases with us one which is nearly empty and just fill it up with clothes and other things on our way back. It seems to be the only Holiday we go on where we bring back more than we take.

Cruella DeVilla
23-06-2005, 18:55
Almost everything is cheaper so in my case it would be what do I not buy:D

Ray&Sarah
23-06-2005, 20:29
My two sons are really looking forward to going to Florida this year and "shopping till we're dropping". They are both keen on clothes shopping which is great and they have saved up their own money to shop with.[msnsmile2]

chris c
23-06-2005, 20:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by PollyA
Or are you like me and can't wait to get there for those things that are so much cheaper than home? I love the cheap cosmetics in the supermarkets.
[/quote]

Just like you!!

I buy cosmetics for myself and my 3 daughters and clothes.

Years ago, when we first used to go, I always brought some Goo Gone back because you could not get it here, but you can now. I do still bring back iron cleaner.

Paula D-S
08-08-2005, 17:46
I took four cases this year, three of them were empty. I bought lovely bedding with matching bits and peices from J C Penney. I also go a bit mad buying for the children, I could have filled three cases with clothes from Little Me which is in Orlando Premium Outlets. For the under 5s this shop is perfect.
I've always been to Osh Kosh B Gosh in the past but I was very disappointed with the stock this year.

Paula

millie
08-08-2005, 23:11
I love EVERYTHING in Walmart - cosmetics and just bits and bobs!
Yankee Candle - Fruit Smoothie Candle, ceramics and the car air freshners which are little glass jars that clip on to your fans (can only get the cardboard ones here!). Also the little egg box container that fits 18 candles - no wonder my luggage is heavy!
Old Navy t-shirts - bought loads this year and some for my 3 year old too.

Lots of stuff from the Disney stores, especially a Christmas ornament engraved with the year etc - its tradition!

Sharon G
09-08-2005, 01:02
Childrens clothes are really good value for money, but I also like the different styles you can buy for us ladies!![msnwink]

LiesaAnna
09-08-2005, 04:11
we got so much for the kids at home! lots of gap hoodies so cheap there, little uns ones are $11.66 and then we got more off at the tills!!
just toy shopping the last two times we went as it was December!
this time i'm going to look for some nice bedding for my bed!

and everything else i can afford! i want it all!

Sharon G
10-08-2005, 01:10
Hey Liesa, just noticed, you've got your shopping lady back as your avator!!!! [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Nick Sayer
10-08-2005, 13:14
I don't think i have ever been to Florida without bringing back something golf related. Shoes, clubs, balls etc.

LiesaAnna
10-08-2005, 14:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sharon G
Hey Liesa, just noticed, you've got your shopping lady back as your avator!!!! [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
[/quote]

missed her!
she isnt shopping! shes about to go on holiday to florida!![msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
10-08-2005, 20:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sharon G
[/quote]

missed her!
she isnt shopping! shes about to go on holiday to florida!![msnwink]
[/quote]

Nice to see her back Liesa, although I liked the skipping one I think that somehow this one is you.[msnsmile2]

george
11-08-2005, 02:35
We used to have a water bed and always brought back lots of the water conditioner it's so expensive here but dirt cheap in K mart !

julieanne
11-08-2005, 20:06
What don't I buy is the better question??
Anything from clothes to cutlery... and everything in between.

I'm used to going Sept/Oct/Nov time so was a bit disappointed on my last trip in May that I couldn't get the jumpers etc I usually buy from the "fall stock". Amongst the suitcase full of clothes I usually buy each trip I get the same tops from the same shop each year in whatever that year's colours are. Dont suppose anyone would like to fill a suitcase for me later in the year???? [msnwink] [msnwink] [msnwink]

As it's now looking likely to be some years before I go again I am going to miss my Florida shopping won't know where to do my Xmas shopping either, but at least the credit card will get a rest [msnsmile]