PDA

View Full Version : Rowland Family Hols Week 3

tia 33
23-06-2005, 01:10
Saturday 11th
Visited Animal Kingdom in an absolute downpour. [msnsad] Went on Kilamanjaro Safaris, Kali River Rapids (got even wetter), Dinosaur and it’s Tough to be a Bug. The boys particularly liked Tough to be a Bug and the walk through the Tree of Life with all the carvings.
Boys chose Pizza Hut (192) to eat - original I know. Great pizza but no desserts. Good excuse to visit Dairy Queen at Formosa Gardens and road test their hot fudge sundaes – passed with flying colours. [clap] Boys still mesmerised by all the toppings.

Sunday 12th
Morning by the pool, Subway lunch, dinner at The Olive Garden. Fab meal, can see why it is consistently rated highly. Great bread and pasta. I’m in heaven. Even better it was sunny and I am in danger of going home at least one shade darker than when I arrived! Despite my better sabotage efforts [}:)] in plastering the boys in factor 30, and hubby factor 25 instead of 8 as he’d asked, they are already emitting a lovely gentle bronze glow. Curse my fair skin and freckles! [msneek]

Monday 13th
Morning by the pool and off to Epcot pm via Subway. We are almost on first name terms with the ‘sandwich artists’. Boys love all the choices but youngest son always plumps for ham, and elder one is just getting the mix right. He has now whittled it down to gherkin, cucumber and mayo. Weird, think he takes after his father.
It is very hot and Epcot busier than we expected. Thought people would head towards World Showcase late pm ready for IllumiNations as The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World suggests. This is a fab book and definitely recommended reading. This was the only thing that didn’t work out. Its tips for best days, touring plans etc were spot on.
Got a Fastpass for Mission Space for 4.35pm as there was a huge queue. Boys loved this ride and wanted to redo it. Sadly it closed before our slot due to technical difficulties. They didn’t know when it would re-open. We trotted off round World Showcase, I tried a pretzel, think it might be an acquired taste as I love crunchy ones. Returned to find the ride still closed. Admitted defeat as it was really hot and went home to the coolness of the pool.

Tuesday 14th
More sun, so am by the pool and off to Bennigans for dinner. Great ribs. Also it’s right next door to a Harley Davidson dealership, what luck……..[msnwink]
Heard the reason why Mission:Space closed. Dumbstruck. Poor little chap. Feel so much for his Mum & Dad, something a parent should never have to go through. [msncry] [msncry]

Wednesday 15th
Am by the pool. Visited by the air con guy and bug guy (everyone is ‘guy’ here – we started a game with the boys van spotting – got as far as ‘The Pool Guy’, ‘The Maintenance Guy’, ‘The Landscape Guy’ and ‘The Plumbing Guy’ . He was a really nice chap and gave a real insight to living in Florida. The minimum wage is $5.15 and everyone is up in arms because ‘gas’ has gone to over $2 a gallon, a rise of over 60c. He said that min wage workers now have to work for two hours to buy a loaf of bread, a gallon of gas and a carton of milk.
Played Crazy Golf on the 192, (it was going to be the closest I, as a golf widow, would let hubby near a golf course while we are on holiday. He got his fix by watching the US open but all the advert breaks drove him mad). Followed golf by DQ sundaes and a visit to the commercial behemoth that is WalMart. Yes I am sad, but I enjoy looking around foreign megastores. Everything from TiGi shampoo to Maybelline cosmetics are so much cheaper. The reason for our visit was to save the photos (all 383 of them) from the memory stick onto CD and get some photos printed. So for the grand total of $20 ish I got two cd roms, a photo index of every shot and countless prints. I really, really, really love Florida.

Ventured to Key W Kools (192) for dinner. Boys were in their element as they were positively encouraged to draw on the table cloths (they were paper ones I must add). No 2 son particularly approved of their linguine while hubby and I tucked into 10oz Queen Filet Mignon – my mouth is watering at

Aiminghigh
23-06-2005, 01:52
What fantastic reports-I felt like I was there!!!!

stabard
23-06-2005, 02:04
Me too [msnsmile2] Here is to the next trip - only 6 months to go!!

LesleyB
23-06-2005, 02:39
Wow, really, really, really enjoyed your reports. When are you going back to Florida, so that we can look forward to the next reports?:D

KevinT
23-06-2005, 03:01
Excellent reports Laura - you certainly seemed to cram plenty into your three weeks. We're usually out of breath after two !:D Any photos forthcoming?

LiesaAnna
23-06-2005, 03:54
yes i to felt like i was there for a while then!!!
love florida!! mad woman!! dont we all!!

thanx for sharing you wonderful holiday with us!!!!!![msnwink]

walden64
23-06-2005, 09:34
Another great report Laura - also you have given some ideas of where to eat on our next trip

Ray&Sarah
23-06-2005, 12:30
Another fantastic report Laura, really felt like we were there with you, saddest part is always coming home.

caroline
23-06-2005, 13:22
Laura, fab reports and it sounds like you had a fantastic holiday[8D]

julieanne
23-06-2005, 14:18
Fabulous reports on what sounds like a great holiday Laura.

Puts my report to shame [msnembarrased]

Curly Wurly
23-06-2005, 16:25
Just read all your reports, they are super.[clap] Just one question did I miss something - what is/where is DQ? please enlightnen me as fudge sundaes sound scrummy!!!!!!!!!!

tia 33
23-06-2005, 16:30
Thank you all for the kind comments! [grouphug]

Curly Wurly - DQ stands for Dairy Queen. It is a chain of ice cream parlours with lots of shops.The one we particularly liked was at Formosa Gardens. Don't forget Coldstone Creamery too - their hot fudge sundaes are also extremely yummy!! :D

timmy
23-06-2005, 22:30
Laura

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your reports. The best holiday ever? I said you'd find it difficult going back to Europe with the boys after 3 weeks in Orlando! You certainly made the most of your time - bet you'll be back!

Sandra

Newhomebuyer
23-06-2005, 22:36
Thank you Laura. I just read your reports and they certainly brightened my evening.You mentioned so many of my favourite eating places.

E. Cosgrove
24-06-2005, 01:37
Brilliant reports Laura, I have thoroughly enjoyed them[msnsmile2]

eagleydo
24-06-2005, 15:05
Great, love your reports!!

Cruella DeVilla
24-06-2005, 15:54
Laura, Glad you had a fantastic holiday. I laugh at the boys being mesmorised by the sprinkles!

Madabouttigger
25-06-2005, 00:48
I loved your trip reports - Thanks.

Ray&Sarah
25-06-2005, 01:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tia 33
Thank you all for the kind comments! [grouphug]

Curly Wurly - DQ stands for Dairy Queen. It is a chain of ice cream parlours with lots of shops.The one we particularly liked was at Formosa Gardens. Don't forget Coldstone Creamery too - their hot fudge sundaes are also extremely yummy!! :D
[/quote]

Now thats one I must try![msntongue]:D

ravtino
25-06-2005, 19:16
Really enjoyed your reports - I have made notes of the ice-cream places, not long to go now, its funny how you think 3 weeks is a long time and it still flys by, we all used to be content with 2 weeks - how times have changed.

michellemaxted
26-06-2005, 17:03
Really great reports Laura, loved reading them all - now off to Waitrose to buy some desserts.....:D

ahagan
30-06-2005, 18:58
Great reports Laura. Enjoyed reading every bit of it. Sounds like you had a good time. Just like you I really love Florida :).

DisneyDreamer
30-06-2005, 22:48
Thank for this fab report. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. You just can't beat Florida can you?;)

chrizzy100
30-06-2005, 23:04
I wish I could eat in FL......I live on Iced coffee and milk most of my trips.......