PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions

monkeys
11-04-2003, 02:43
ok first things first what can you drink in florida if you cant stomach wine or lager, i know a lot of places do cocktails but my tipple is cicer so do they sell cider in america? maybe its a daft question but i just dont know:D

also im a little worried about this tipping lark who do you tip when do you tip how much and so on? when your at a nightclub do you tip after every drink in a bar do you get a tab at the end of the night and tip then? any help appreciated

thanks again

bellaepovera
11-04-2003, 12:59
WEll as i am an ex bartender i know in the states the tipping is 15%. WE usually run a tab and then pay at the end.

pbensur
11-04-2003, 18:39
The 15% is a standard tip at restaurants and bars. If you feel you have gotten particularly good service, you should tip higher.

bellaepovera
11-04-2003, 22:55
For sure!!

neilandkay
13-04-2003, 02:06
Cider is called Hard Cider in the USA. This is not the scrumpy type of cider, more the Woodpecker type.

if you order cider you are likely to get apple juice which may be sparkling (can't remember at the moment).

Tipping is to encourage and reward good service. If you get good service then the norm is 15%, however if you get excellent service please tip more and also if service is bad don't be afraid to tip less (but still tip).

If you do have a problem with an order (hot food turning up cold, incorrect order etc) do give the servers an opportunity to correct the problem. If the problem is resolved in a manner that shows good service, please don't use the problem as an excuse to reduce a tip.

You also tip porters, maids, hairdressers - anyone who provides a customer service to you.

Kay

george
27-03-2004, 01:16
Everyone gets great tips on this site!

Claire M
27-03-2004, 01:28
Hi

You can buy woodpecker from the supermarkets, but it doesn't taste anything like ours and is also quite flat!

Claire

Matt
27-03-2004, 02:30
Usually in a bar if your tipping or nightclub, then I would normaly tip 50c per drink if buying a few. However, if I'm just buying one drink then I usually add a $1 (if its alcahol) 25c/50c if its a soda.

Beleive me, I know a lot of bar tenders in the hotels and clubs around Disney, and you don't want to be one of these none-tippers.

We usually have a game of 'Bet this person doesn't tip'!!

Matt

PS. I don't mean if you don't tip they'll do somethin nasty to your drink, just talk about you real bad once you leave the bar area:D:D Oooo we have some fun[}:)][}:)]

chrisj
27-03-2004, 02:51
Cider is also my drink and I tried their version and it wasnt nice:(

Ray&Sarah
27-03-2004, 12:13
Usually tip the same as Matt, don't want to be one of those they talk about. I was advised that if you get bad service you still leave a tip but a really mean one. Then the server knows you haven't forgotten just think the service was really poor. Fortunately haven't experienced any really bad or rude servers yet.

Harmony
29-03-2004, 15:01
I usually tip 15% or 20% for really good service. If there has been a problem it deoaends on how good the server has been in sorting out the problem. Do not be reluctant to complain if something is not right and judge on dealing with the problem rather than the problem it self. If very good service is given I have been know to seek out the manager and let them know. We feel this help balance all those ackward customers that are never satisfied no matter how good the service.

I have to say we always seem to get better service in the States than we do here in England.

Jeff

chrisj
29-03-2004, 23:23
Jeff

Do you tip 20% in England, That might be why you get better service in the States :)

george
30-03-2004, 03:23
The last tip I got came in last at Windsor!

chrisj
30-03-2004, 03:25
Windsor races, now theres an evenings fun, Do you go George, we go a lot

blott
30-03-2004, 04:02
There used to be a caravan snack bar outside there that did the most amazing bacon sarnies!

chrisj
30-03-2004, 04:04
Whats this, Even Blott has been there :) Wow this is amazing

blott
30-03-2004, 04:29
We used to live near Windsor and had a cruiser moored at Bray so we passed it on the way... :D

chrisj
30-03-2004, 04:46
Wow I have a mate who lives in Bray, what a small world. I used to live on a boat moored up
a mile from Thorpe Park a few years ago

blott
30-03-2004, 04:53
Ours was moored at Penton Hook (Chertsey and near Thorpe Park!) till we moved it to Bray.

chrisj
30-03-2004, 14:03
Well im amazed, we could have almost been neighbours:)

Biggus
30-03-2004, 14:11
Scary world guys!!
Might seem a little off the wall but I used to play cricket against Maidenhead&Bray in Bray, lovely part of the world - doesn't Michael Parkinson live in Bray too?

chrisj
30-03-2004, 14:12
I seem to remember something about that on the telly once

fiona
30-03-2004, 15:19
He does, as does Rolf Harris & Laurie Holloway, Terry Wogan moved to Taplow some years ago. Gerald Ratner is there as well - if he could be called a celebrity!

We keep threatening to do the Windsor Races as a customer night as will soooo much cheaper than taking a select few to Ascot. And having just investigated the costs of accommodating customers and putting on a dinner at some of the hotels round here when we have our showroom opened by LLB in May I need a week to recover from the costs!

chrisj
30-03-2004, 15:46
I know the queen lives that way as well :D