PDA

View Full Version : cheap condo St.Petes beach/clearwater

paulm
22-06-2005, 16:43
Hello

I am after a cheap good quality condo on the beach side of the Gulf
coast between St.Petes Beach and Clearwater Beach for a week 2nd to 9th November 2006 NEXT YEAR.

I can book reasonably priced hotels, (via agents in the UK)
so only want to pay around $300 dollars for a condo for a week.

There will only be myself and my wife so I need at least 1 bedroom.

I have clicked on the link in the Gulf Owners area of the forum but nothing happens.

Can anyone suggest suitable properties ?

many thanks

Paul

daxon
22-06-2005, 16:51
Hi Paul
Owners are not allowed to respond directly to requests for accomodation on the forum as all properties recommended must be strictly verified.
What you need to do is click on the links at the top of this page to take you to one or each of the sites which list villas ie Orlando Villas, Florida Villas and Orlando Vacation Homes.
Put a request in on each of these sites stating that you need a home on the Gulf and I'm sure someone will respond with something suitable for you.
Happy hunting!![msnsmile2]

ctgirlscout
22-06-2005, 16:57
Paul,

Go to www.orlandovillas.com and under "find villa" put in Gulf Coast. That will give you a list of homes available on the Gulf.

steph_goodrum
22-06-2005, 17:26
Paul
As has been suggested then submitting an enquiry is your best option though I have to admit I'm not sure anyone would be able to match that price. By the time you take off cleaning fees and tax etc and utilities the owner is likely to be subsidising your holiday.

It's easy to compare the price with a cheap hotel but the facilities you will get within your own space don't compare with the one room, one tv etc you will get with an hotel, so you aren't really comparing like for like.

Ruth
22-06-2005, 17:49
I would avoid booking a "cheap" property. Gulf coast properties usually cost more to buy than those in Orlando and I would be worried that a "cheap" property would not be well looked after. As Steph says at $300 for a week any owner would probably be paying for your holiday and would certainly not be able to re-invest in the condo to keep it looking nice. On most occasions you get what you pay for and I would not want to risk my holiday in that way.

Cruella DeVilla
22-06-2005, 19:27
$300 a week, you having a laugh, sorry that sounds cheeky but some of them rent for that a night!

Snapper
22-06-2005, 19:41
I have to say that I agree completely with CDV on this one. The words 'cheap' and 'good quality' seldom work together; a bit like military intelligence [msnwink]

If you're looking to spend $300 for a week (7 nights) what you're really looking for is the $39/night special. By my reckoning that's just over 20 quid a night, or roughly the same as a cheap Blackpool B&B.

Rocco
22-06-2005, 21:50
I've stayed in some $39 a night hotels and I got $39 worth of accommodation and facilities too! LOL

chrizzy100
22-06-2005, 22:44
I've stayed in some great hotels at cheap prices....but the coast can be a different ball game....I can't see you getting a nice condo for that kind of money...snowbirds take all the cheap ones each year for starters....and Nov is snowbird time....we've always had great rooms at the La Quinta...we had a suite in SC for $25 a night a year ago.....but the coast anytime of year can cost top $......