PDA

View Full Version : New Passports

alfie
20-06-2005, 22:37
prob been asked before and thought i was clued up on the passport situation, but have heard so many differentiating requirements am a bit stuck!!! kids passports run out end of this year and hopefully coming back to florida next year, do i just send off for the normal passport as usual? do i need anything else??

pieman790
20-06-2005, 23:25
As long as they are renewed before the end of October you will still be able to use them under the visa waiver program.
Any new passports issued after this period have to be bio metric otherwise you will need a visa. You can get a new passport before the old one runs out.

dolphinv
21-06-2005, 03:31
biometric passports come into effect from October 2006, so if you are replacing passports see if newstyle ones are available. Otherwise you will need another new one in Oct 2006.

E. Cosgrove
22-06-2005, 01:46
As I understand it newstyle passports will not be available in Uk for several years so renew the passports now or you will need to get a visa as well.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dolphinv
biometric passports come into effect from October 2006, so if you are replacing passports see if newstyle ones are available. Otherwise you will need another new one in Oct 2006.
[/quote]

blott
22-06-2005, 03:00
The UK can't produce biometric passports for some time. The cut off date for renewing a passport without requiring a visa is 26 October 2005 so renew them before then and you'll be fine. You can get up to 9 months 'credit' if you renew your passports early.

Robert5988
22-06-2005, 12:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:The UK can't produce biometric passports for some time. The cut off date for renewing a passport without requiring a visa is 26 October 2005 so renew them before then and you'll be fine. You can get up to 9 months 'credit' if you renew your passports early.[/quote]

Has that not been extended to Oct 2006? or have I got that wrong?

Jill
22-06-2005, 13:27
I have also seen something in the last few days about the deadlines being extended probably best to check the US embassy website for the correct information otherwise what Blott has said is correct.