PDA

View Full Version : Park tickets

sunny guy
20-06-2005, 22:15
When we were in orlando last year we stopped at a petrol station on 192 to fill up and were approached by a women who seemed to have a booth there offering cheap tickets. These were not time share but seemed to be part tickets. In other words unused parts of passes that I assume she purchased from tourists before they returned home.

Does anyone know of this and if they are legal to buy and use.?

alfie
20-06-2005, 22:20
have heard many people buying them from these people with no problems at entrances BUT friend of mine did it last year and was stopped and turned away, have never done it myself as the lasst thing i would want is being refused entry when the excitement has built to get in.

Ray&Sarah
20-06-2005, 22:26
I think I would always err on the side of caution and buy them from a reputable source. The tickets site attached to this forum is great value, so we tend to use this and recommend it to our guests.[msnsmile2]

Jill
20-06-2005, 22:26
I have heard of this before but personally would not recommend purchasing tickets this way.

I would recommend the link at the top of this site http://www.park-tickets.com for attraction tickets at very competitive prices and you are safe in the knowledge that they are bona fide tickets - so no upsets at the gates when you are refused entry.

LiesaAnna
20-06-2005, 22:32
would rather buy the "proper" way, would spoil the whole holiday if we were turned away after trying to get in with part used tickets

Jules
20-06-2005, 22:33
I was told that it is not illegal to sell them but it is to try and use them, don' know if that's true.

Also Disney now do a finger scan when you go through the turnstile so only you can use the ticket. It does work as hubby and I "accidently" swapped tickets last time we went into Epcot in March (to check if it was just a bluff to stop people buying part used tickets) and they wouldn't accept them, when we realised our mistake and swapped them back we went through OK.
I wouldn't risk buying part used tickets as you really have no idea how many days there are left on them anyway and I would hate the embarrassment of being turned away.

If you check out the link at the top of the page there are some really good prices for tickets for most of the attraction and at least you know you are guarranteed to get in.

blott
20-06-2005, 22:53
We did have someone on the forum who made the mistake of purchasing this type of ticket but discovered when they went to the parks that they were useless and, of course, had to pay out for another lot of tickets in order to get in.

It's not worth taking the risk - if they were genuine tickets that worked, the person selling them would have a proper premises, not be approaching people at gas stations! There are an awful lot of fake and used up tickets out there so why risk ruining your holiday this way?

As everyone has already said, there are genuine tickets for sale on the forum at really good prices and you know when you purchase them that they're proper tickets and they're definitely going to work!

florida4sun
20-06-2005, 23:07
Very illegal and usually no days available when you get to the park. They have no way of telling how many days are left on each ticket they buy either. Keep well away.
Even if there were days left the biometric scan will send you straight to security..

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunny guy
When we were in orlando last year we stopped at a petrol station on 192 to fill up and were approached by a women who seemed to have a booth there offering cheap tickets. These were not time share but seemed to be part tickets. In other words unused parts of passes that I assume she purchased from tourists before they returned home.

Does anyone know of this and if they are legal to buy and use.?
[/quote]

Newhomebuyer
20-06-2005, 23:38
I saw a family being turned away from Epcot last year. It seemed they had bought tickets which they thought had days remaining. They were asked a number of questions and then refused entry. They had 3 children who looked very disappointed. I don't know whether they went to buy legitimate tickets from the turn stiles but they had obviously wasted some hard earned cash.
It isn't worth the worry of buying from anywhere other than reputable sources such as the link at the top.

Pluto
21-06-2005, 00:28
I overheard a conversation last week. Someone was saying they had sold some unused tickets at one of these booths - got the money for 2 extra days on each ticket when in fact they knew there was only one day left on each!!

So I definitely would never buy from these places.

Tonish
21-06-2005, 01:28
I haven't bought tickets from one of these booths, but a number of years ago I certainly sold a couple of unused days to them. I found them to be perfectly honest and pleasant people to deal with, but then again, I was selling, not buying. If it was illegal, it's hardly likely that they would advertise so openly?

However, as florida4sun has said, it's impossible to tell from Disney tickets how many days are unused - I've got a couple left over from 5 yrs ago and I can't remember whether there's one or two days left on them. I tried checking with Disney and they told me the only way to find out is to present them at the gate. The new fingerscan system, as others have said, would certainly render any second-hand tickets useless in any case. I don't know if the same applies to other non Disney parks

Tonish

florida4sun
21-06-2005, 01:49
It is illegal to sell and buy second hand Disney tickets in Florida. Every now and then they have a purge and arrests are made.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tonish
I haven't bought tickets from one of these booths, but a number of years ago I certainly sold a couple of unused days to them. I found them to be perfectly honest and pleasant people to deal with, but then again, I was selling, not buying. If it was illegal, it's hardly likely that they would advertise so openly?

However, as florida4sun has said, it's impossible to tell from Disney tickets how many days are unused - I've got a couple left over from 5 yrs ago and I can't remember whether there's one or two days left on them. I tried checking with Disney and they told me the only way to find out is to present them at the gate. The new fingerscan system, as others have said, would certainly render any second-hand tickets useless in any case. I don't know if the same applies to other non Disney parks

Tonish
[/quote]

domster
21-06-2005, 12:24
I always stay well clear of any of those booths (in stations or food halls). I asumed they were all timeshare, but obviously not.

if they are so cheap there has to be a catch somewhere.:(

ahagan
21-06-2005, 13:04
I would agree with all that has been said. I always steer clear of such sources and would rather buy from a reputable place.

The ticket section on this site is excellent from both the value for money and the service point of view.

gromit
22-06-2005, 01:46
We had family that went with us the last time we were in FLorida and they used some of our tickets that still have days left. They had the fingers scanned and were allowed in no problems, even though it is other family members who have used them before! We have not marked our tickets so that one is mine and one my husbands etc, but we have never had any problems!

Tonish
22-06-2005, 03:18
Having seen the below note from Martin I have instantly revised my opinion and will recommend everyone to steer clear of these. I have to say though, I can't understand why it would be illegal to resell unused tickets. I can understand why Disney would make it "not for resale", but I fail to see why it should be illegal.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:It is illegal to sell and buy second hand Disney tickets in Florida. Every now and then they have a purge and arrests are made.
[/quote]

Tonish

Ana
22-06-2005, 14:53
Re the side issue of not knowing how many days are on your tickets - I always forget but I took them to Guest Relations in Disney Marketplace and they checked them there. I think it's better to know before you get to the park so that you can plan [msnsmile2]

florida4sun
22-06-2005, 19:09
The simple answer is thast the state got fed up with tourists getting ripped off and losing sales tax.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tonish
Having seen the below note from Martin I have instantly revised my opinion and will recommend everyone to steer clear of these. I have to say though, I can't understand why it would be illegal to resell unused tickets. I can understand why Disney would make it "not for resale", but I fail to see why it should be illegal.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:It is illegal to sell and buy second hand Disney tickets in Florida. Every now and then they have a purge and arrests are made.
[/quote]

Tonish

[/quote]