PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Lakes Villas

cetait
20-06-2005, 21:43
Hello.

On our previous visits to Florida we have always booked our villa accommodation privately, directly with the owners. This year, on a friends recommendation we have used a tour company. Our booking was for an executive (top-of-range) villa, which we understood would be on one of a small number of named developments, not including Sunset Lakes. However, on allocation, we have been given a villa which is on Sunset Lakes Boulevard and, in trying to research this development on the web, we are a little concerned. Some of the villas seem to be wonderful and entirly in line with the size and standard of those we have used previously, but we have found others on Sunset Lakes that appear to have very small rooms and facilities, are north facing and that are generally less than we have come to expect. As this is a special holiday for us we really want to be sure that it is going to live up to expectations and therefore I am asking if anyone who knows the development (or especially anyone who has stayed in a 4-bed villa on Sunset Lakes Boulevard) can offer us any reassurance of the standard and quality.

Your help will be appreciated so thanks in anticipation.

Christine

stabard
21-06-2005, 01:00
Hi Christine
We have owners on the forum who have wonderful homes on Sunset Lakes, but I do not think any of these would rent their home via a tour operator. I am sure they will be able to help with your enquiry tho.
Personally I would never have allocation on arrival as I like to know there I am staying long before I get there.

dawn
21-06-2005, 03:02
Hi Christine,

Sunset Lakes is a beautiful community, with fabulous lake views, communal pool and playground. We have a mixture of 3,4,5 and 6 bed homes, some singly storey and some 2 storey. The homes are all very spacious, and the views are stunning. The amenities offered vary from home to home, but all the owners I know take great pride in their homes, lovingly maintaining them to a high standard.
I am sure you will have a fabulous time and love Sunset Lakes as much as we do.
Please feel free to DM me if you have any other questions
[msnsmile2]

Susan J
21-06-2005, 16:03
Sunset Lakes is a beautiful executive gated development just 3 miles from Disney. 161 homes built around 2 lakes, surrounded by conservation, it is maintained to a very high standard. Sunset Lakes Boulevard is the main road as you come through the gates. One side of road backs onto Lake view. Although it would be far better to book an individual home with an owner so you know its exact position, I am sure you will be happy with any on our lovely estate.
Susan J
HOA president

Curly Wurly
21-06-2005, 16:20
I have booked a villa on sunset lakes, not through this site unfortunately because I didn't know about it then!

However, the owner is a member of the forum ( don't think he advertises his villa though) and he contacted me through a post i put on here and I'm very pleased about that because obviously booking through a third party you never quite know if your going to get what you paid for.

I hope your experience turns out as good as ours.

fraser
21-06-2005, 17:37
Hi Christine,

We have a home on Sunset Lakes, it’s a wonderful community I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Don’t be put off if you booked through an agent as I know some of my fellow owner who use a different management company get bookings through there management company that are agent bookings, and I know there homes are first class.

Sunset Lakes is also very close to Walt Disney World, so you should not be spending to long in the car.

If you are still worried feel free to contact me through the add listed below.

cetait
22-06-2005, 11:36
Many thanks to you all for your responses to this. We are feeling a little more reassured and hope that we will be able to post a more positive note following our holiday. Direct booking every time after this though!

millie
26-06-2005, 21:34
We have just returned from our holiday in a 4 bed villa on Sunset Lakes and I would thoroughly recommend it. The villa was beautiful and was exceptionally well equipped. The villa we stayed in faced the conservation area towards the back so was outh facing and we got a lot of sun. I know some of them are north facing which put off the owners of our villa from buying facing that way. It is gated and very well kept. There is also a fab shortcut to Disney which means you do not have to drive on the 192 at all whcih can really cut the journeys! (part os dirt track though - only tried it in the rain.............once!).

Have a fab time!