PDA

View Full Version : New idea for the airlines

Rushton50
10-04-2003, 05:31
It may seem far fetched , but wouldnt it be nice if the airlines had play areas or creches on aircraft that fly longer than say 4 hours.

After all the parent deserves to have some relaxation as well because when you get there and you done everything and seen everything and the kids have torn you in two dragging you off to see mickey. You will want another holiday to get away from it all!!!

Why not? the airlines are charging for everything else from priority seating right down to meals in flight!!!

K4LGB
10-04-2003, 15:21
Interesting idea but who would you blame if your kids were thrown about and hurt if the plane hit some unexpected turbulence. You could imagine the field day the Americans (and these days Europeans) would have with law suites so I wouldn't hold my breathe for your idea to come to fruition.......

This is why the airlines prefer people to be sitting down and seat belted up but to the average kid this is akin to torture.

Teaching the cabin crew hypnotism to put the kids in an 8hour trance may be the way forward......but I think seatback entertainment with constant selectable cartoons/pop music/video games is probably the easiest and safest way forward for the airlines - but in their cashstrapped industry I can't see this becoming standardplace anytime in the near future.

Cheers
Les

florida4sun
30-04-2003, 18:04
The new super planes do have creches, gyms, shops etc. Itw ill be while before they are in service.

quote:Originally posted by Rushton50

It may seem far fetched , but wouldnt it be nice if the airlines had play areas or creches on aircraft that fly longer than say 4 hours.

After all the parent deserves to have some relaxation as well because when you get there and you done everything and seen everything and the kids have torn you in two dragging you off to see mickey. You will want another holiday to get away from it all!!!

Why not? the airlines are charging for everything else from priority seating right down to meals in flight!!!

Daniel Ramsey
30-04-2003, 18:10
I can imagine most of the planes teenagers would be in those ball filled cushion playrooms if the aircraft was going through turbulence!:D