PDA

View Full Version : At last!! Direct flights to Fort Myers -EDITED

Katys Grandad
18-06-2005, 15:19
According to today's Times Travel supplement, Virgin will start direct flights from Manchester and Gatwick to Fort Myers in January 2006.

Some good news for Gulf Coast fans in the north and south of the UK.

EDIT - SORRY EVERYBODY. IT SEEMS I HAVE BEEN A BIT HASTY. I CONTACTED VIRGIN WHO TELL ME THEY WILL USE DELTA FLIGHTS VIA ATLANTA. CONFUSED? I AM!

Cruella DeVilla
18-06-2005, 16:02
I fly direct into Fort Myers every trip (from Europe). Southwest Florida International(!) is a really great airport. It takes us about 20-30 minutes and we are on the road!

andrewmckay5
18-06-2005, 17:02
CDV,
have you been there this year and is the "new" bit open. It wasn't finished at xmas although the older bit was still excellent and very quick to get through. I believe that the investment is with the aim of more international flights and direct from the UK has been spoken about.
andrew

Katys Grandad
18-06-2005, 19:16
It opens next month Andrew. When I was there in May you could do a visitors tour and they have built a new road and entrance to it off Daniels Parkway.

It's very impressive - it's the only US airport with the security luggage search constructed at check-in so you don't have to take your bags to another point before you can hand it over.

Cruella DeVilla
18-06-2005, 21:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
CDV,
have you been there this year and is the "new" bit open. It wasn't finished at xmas although the older bit was still excellent and very quick to get through. I believe that the investment is with the aim of more international flights and direct from the UK has been spoken about.
andrew
[/quote]

We have been there 4 times this year and as current as last week and it is advertised as completed. We came in and out the same way as normal though.

Mo Green
20-06-2005, 12:38
We had always flown into Tampa before as the flights to Fort Myers seemed more expensive but I have just looked at 2 weeks next March flying Delta and it is only £36 dearer to fly into Fort Myers. It would not only be be an easier drive but save driving time for us as well.