PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Events

jarjar
17-06-2005, 21:58
We are over at end of October with teenagers where are the best Halloween attractions/shows?

Lynne S
18-06-2005, 00:03
Hi jarjar,

I think for older kids the Universal parks will be your best bet, there is lots of info under the Halloween topic.[msnscared]Have a scary time[msnscared]

cjboatman
18-06-2005, 01:28
Hi jarjar,

There is so much to do at Halloween time, it really depends what your preferences are.

We are huge Disney fans, and even without children, we did Mickeys Not so Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. Great nighttime entertainment. All the characters dreesed up, and the park dressed up for the occassion. Everyguest gets a goodie bag to go trick-or-treating, lots and lots of free candy. Then there is the special parade, and the special fireworks display, which we thought was amasing.

We also paid a visit to Busch Gardens for Howl-O-Sream. This is again an after hours event, aimed mainly at adults. The park closes down early and is redecorated and turned into a large scale haunted park, with a number of specailly themed haunted houses. Karen has never screamed so much in her life, very very funny. And you get to ride all the big coasters in the dark, which is something a little different. Great atmosphere, but not for kids.

If you want something a little wholesome and family friendly, try a visit to Celebration on Halloween night. So many of the residents decorate thier homes, and all the local children are out in fancy dress trick-or-treating. I believe there is also a fireworks display, which we missed. An excellent atmosphere, to just walk around and enjoy.

We love halloween so much we are planning on returning this year.

Hope this can help you a little.

esprit
18-06-2005, 04:25
No fireworks for Halloween in Celebration as I know of, but it is still a very good night. For teens. Busch or Universal. Universal is good but was very packed last year however, you couldnt move, you may be better off at Busch.

Neatfeat
20-06-2005, 20:04
Hi

We did Universal Halloween, 2 years running, didn't think last year was as good as the year before and it was soooo busy, we paid extra for the fast pass ticket which helped. Saying that though, they put so much into all the haunted houses and it's all really scary, being chased with a chainsaw and being stalked by robotic cyborg talking people can't be beat!!!

Last year we also went to Busch Gardens, we paid the extra again for the fast pass ticket and didn't need it. We breezed in to all the haunted houses without queuing and really enjoyed the evening, Montu in the dark is great!

So, if you don't want to be queuing all evening then go for Busch Gardens you will have a great time.

We're not going this year and I'll miss it.

Anita