PDA

View Full Version : The Return Flight.... (First Choice)

julieanne
17-06-2005, 14:03
Well after the bad experience on our outbound trip I'm pleased to be able to say the return journey was very much better :)

Actually got to speak to a human being (instead of one of those awful machines)when I rang to check that the flight was scheduled to be on time.

Were first at check in, altho as premium passengers we could have taken advantage of late check in, we wanted to be out of the airport so we could spend an extra day in the rain [laugh]

The flight left almost on time - and we got our upgraded seats. Not exactly luxurious but certainly more leg room. The seat back entertainment was very good, the crew very attentive and very saftey conscious!!!!!!! The food was the usual rubbish tho. All in all 100% better than the outward journey, on that experience I would use them again - but would always be worried about a repeat of the first flight....

And the best news of all we are getting a full refund of the premium supplement we paid to compensate for it not being available on the outward flight [clap] [clap]

LiesaAnna
17-06-2005, 17:37
5 out of 6 not bad then Julie??????
glad it was better coming home, always on a downer when coming back so if its made more pleasant then you cope better dont you think?

Rich-n-Ang
17-06-2005, 17:47
Nice to hear some good news about FC we are flying with them in 6 weeks, hope we don't get the plane changed like you [msnsad].

Do they give a phone number to ring for checking flight times ? Its the first time we've not booked through a Tour Operator so were wondering how you checked for changes to return flights.

julieanne
17-06-2005, 18:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rich-n-Ang
Nice to hear some good news about FC we are flying with them in 6 weeks, hope we don't get the plane changed like you [msnsad].

Do they give a phone number to ring for checking flight times ? Its the first time we've not booked through a Tour Operator so were wondering how you checked for changes to return flights.
[/quote]

Can't complain about the FC flight - just a shame about the plane change for the outward trip.
Did you get the premium seats?
I'm sure if you get a FC plane you will be fine [msnsmile2]

I did get a local number to call to check flights (we'd only booked the flights with FC) I'll DM you with it when I find it. Do remind me if I forget.......

Rich-n-Ang
17-06-2005, 18:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne

[/quote]

No we didn't - Looking at their website the standard Star Class looks better than some Airlines basic, so thought we'd leave it.

But having said that the Website also quotes "Delicious Menu" - so we'll see.

julieanne
17-06-2005, 19:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rich-n-Ang
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne

[/quote]

No we didn't - Looking at their website the standard Star Class looks better than some Airlines basic, so thought we'd leave it.

But having said that the Website also quotes <span style="color:red">"Delicious Menu"</span id="red"> - so we'll see.
[/quote]

The word delicious doesn't immediately spring to mind[msnoo]
However I never enjoy the food - plenty of people all around us cleared their plates very quickly. Think I'm just too fussy [msnembarrased]