PDA

View Full Version : Virgin

maggie
09-04-2003, 17:20
We are travelling to Orlando in a couple of days time with 3 children. One 12, one 9 and one 6. Do they still have all the games for the children as well as the films on all flights. My daughters friend has just come back from Orlando and she said they had a 4hour delay out and a 2hour delay back but worst of all no games to keep the kids busy. Maybe this was just a technical fault I don't know. The thought of 9 hours to occupy them on books etc alone I can't imagine.

Maggie. (ps this is their first trip over)

janny
09-04-2003, 18:32
try something like a people/things hunt for them to do on the trip-Make a list of different things such as someone with red hair, with a red back pack,wearing a t-shirt with something specific on it,a stewardess/official called mary, steve,You get the idea?You could offer a small prize for the one with the most things crossed off at specific time intervals -every hour or so.This could start when you leave home and continue for as long as you like.My children used to lov ethis when they were younger.

millie
10-04-2003, 01:10
As far as I am aware Virgin flights from Gatwick usually have games but not the flights from Manchester. To find out for sure and avoid disappointment when you board, you can phone virgin booking line, give them your details and they will tell you whether the flight you are scheduled on has games or not. (unfortunately the plane we are going on from Manchester does not!!!)

chris
10-04-2003, 02:58
None of the ones I've flown on from Gatwick have had games. I think it might only be in the upper classes on some flights, not cattle class.

blott
10-04-2003, 03:16
Do they not give out the kids' back packs any more?

MRKW
13-06-2003, 03:00
Just flew with Virgin, they do give out kids packs, outward only, inflight was 7 movies one of them kids, 1 kids channel for 1.5 hours, then turns into comedy and one info channel. NO GAMES, we were in Ecomomy though. Kids Packs were rubbish though, take your own stuff we did and kids were happy all the way.

chrisj
13-06-2003, 13:12
Virgin state on their website they hold approx 35 games for kids. I dont think thats
enough, Also checked out that this tends to be on the Gatwick flights only ?? Odd that
one

honeybee
15-06-2003, 13:44
We flew to LA with virgin and the back packs had nothing of interest for the children in them. A rubic cube that broke as soon as they turned it. A clouring stick, a readu=ing book, no good for 4 year olds and a magazine.

We found the food was not very good for the children. The games on the flight did not work and the films not that good.

honeybee

Lakul
15-06-2003, 14:00
We have flown with Virgin - Gatwick to Orlando - and have never had games on the flight. I find there are not enough films for younger children (only 1 on the flights we have been on) which is not enough. The packs are aimed at younger children. Ours are teenagers so they pack their own hand luggage.

I wouldn't rely on what an airline might or might not provide. Take the things you know will entertain your children on what is a long flight for little ones (and for big ones too). That way, you can be assured that they will have plenty to do and a stress free flight:D

worldpeace
17-12-2003, 17:42
Any1 flown from Manchester? + do you know what time checkin is.
thanks in advance to any 1 whom can give us any more advise on virgin fights as we've never flown virgin[?][msntongue][:o)]

Mr G
18-12-2003, 13:09
We used virgin from Manchester in October. Check in was 2 hrs pre flight, and we had early morning flight so we stayed overnight in manchester. Marriot hotel very good.
The flight was delayed 4 hours due to faulty plane. Excellant flight in the end. TV/Games in backs of seats for children. Fodd was good, new movies etc. They give out a rucksack for children on way out.
No problems coming back. Have a nice holiday. I'm jealous!!.