PDA

View Full Version : communities with best access to I4?

loops
15-06-2005, 23:56
Hi everyone,
I've seen lots of beautiful villas and have finally narrowed down my choice to about 5! I was wondering if anyone could tell me which of these communities would be most convenient for getting on to the I4 (or is it all much of a muchness)? We reckon we'll be spending quite a lot of time at Universal and Sea World, so are looking for the shortest drive time to there rather than Disney. The villas I'm looking at are in:
Westridge
West Stonebridge
The Abbey at Westhaven
Legacy Park
Indian Ridge

Any hints and tips gratefully received!
Many thanks, Louise

E. Cosgrove
16-06-2005, 00:15
I would imagine that The Abbey at Westhaven is the closest from your choice of locations, although there are other communities even closer. The exit closest to this community would be 58.

Ray&Sarah
16-06-2005, 00:22
Have you had a look at the commuities map on the site, might help you get a feel for where the communities are.[msnsmile2]

Andy & Arlene
16-06-2005, 02:52
Many of the communities on the CR54 are only 2/3 minutes to the I4 - exit 58 at Championsgate.

dcnurse
16-06-2005, 03:10
Our villa is on Southern Dunes Golf & Country Club which is south on of the I4. We use the I4 for nearly all our trips to the parks even to get to 192 as it is so easy!

luckylady
16-06-2005, 03:35
I have a home at The Abbey yes it is the closest to the I4
But so is The Sanctury
But to be fair to all villa owners in the area
There are so many communities around Champion Gates and the difference between then is minutes
In the scale of distance does it make that much difference if a community is 3 /.4 /or 5 minutes away
from the I4, by the time you arrive at Disney parked the car the slight variation in minutes won't make the slightesr difference
Barbara

linda allen
16-06-2005, 03:55
I agree with barbara. I know all of the communities you have mentioned. We own on West stonebridge and have just bought on Legacy Park. I have stayed in West Haven. They are all lovely communities and all within a few minutes from each other. Go for the villa you like best. If its another 3-5 minutes it really doesn't matter, its what suits you and your family that matters more.

walden64
16-06-2005, 10:40
Hi Louise

Most of the communities on the CR54 are just a couple of minutes from the I4.

Our villa is located on The Abbey at WestHaven and we find it very convenient for getting on the I4 and going to Universal and Seaworld. With our children getting older they now seem to want to spend more time at Universal and especially Islands of Adventure than ever before. SeaWorld however still remains my favourite - especially the 'Shamu Rocks America show'.

Michelle

chrisflowers
16-06-2005, 10:58
I own in the Sanctuary at West Haven, but all the West Haven communities are the nearest to I-4 currently, but Reunion will soon be, along with a new development by ChampionsGate - trouble is that if you get much closer to I-4 you get more tyre noise at night, until the noise abatement procedures have been put in place in the next year or so.

andrew01
16-06-2005, 11:55
I would also say the Abbey at Westhaven, we are on the Sanctuary too and we love it as there is very little traffic around the Champions Gate area.
Have a great time
Margaret

Susan J
16-06-2005, 13:32
Why use the I4 anyway? There are easier back routes to Universal. From our home [ Sunset Lakes, I cut through the back route in Disney, out onto 535, and go down that road, or straight acoross onto I-Drive. I4 is hell to me !

benfilo
16-06-2005, 20:59
I'm not a fan of I4 either but it it good for some routes I did Universal yesterday in 20 mins from our door to the car park ticket booth, traffic was heavy but flowing well.
don't think i'd bother with it for Disney though as we go up Old Lake wilson Road which is pretty quiet

wrightbuxton
16-06-2005, 23:41
Hi

we own on Lake Wilson Preserve (brand new development) which is right opposite Reunion and 2 mins from Championsgate - really easy to get onto the I4

We use the I4 to get to Disney, it's only one junction, but come back via Sherberth Road and Old Lake Wilson Road.

The I4 is handy to get you around - even if it isn't a nice interstate to drive down.

MICKEYSDEN
17-06-2005, 10:36
Hi
Why not have a look at another new site, Windwood Bay, it is only 3 minutes away from Champions Gate.
Karen

http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/2148.aspx

Bazamor
17-06-2005, 14:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrightbuxton
Hi

we own on Lake Wilson Preserve (brand new development) which is right opposite Reunion and 2 mins from Championsgate - really easy to get onto the I4

We use the I4 to get to Disney, it's only one junction, but come back via Sherberth Road and Old Lake Wilson Road.

The I4 is handy to get you around - even if it isn't a nice interstate to drive down.

[/quote]
I would go that way too via Blacklake rd, Sherberth rd on the Osceola Parkway and thru to 535 and give I4 a miss.

Cruella DeVilla
17-06-2005, 18:45
We are at Windwood Bay also on the CR54 and minutes, about 2-3 from Exit 58.

domster
17-06-2005, 19:02
There are loads of communities all around the exit 58 area, we are at Sandy Ridge near Winwood and reunion area.

shenon
17-06-2005, 20:27
I agree with Linda ...we also are on West stonebridge and would make yourself a shortlist of communities in this area and then choose the villa which will suit you the best....good luck[lucky]:)

loops
18-06-2005, 01:01
Wow, thanks for all the information everyone! Sounds like we have found the right villa communities for what we're looking for - just got the hard job of choosing from all the lovely villas now!
And thanks for the tips about the back way to Universal and Disney - that is really useful to know,
Have a lovely weekend enjoying the Florida or English sunshine!
Louise

benfilo
18-06-2005, 02:02
you will have a fantastic time loops. the main thin is you're staying at a villa regardless of the community. you will be better rested and enjoy the holiday more.

Hey Dom I was driving round your community about an hour ago, on my way back from boggy creek

lizmcg100
20-06-2005, 22:19
We are located in Liberty Village and are only about 5mins max from the I4.

It is very easy to get to.

Hope you have a great trip

linsan
22-06-2005, 22:29
Our villa is on Sunset Ridge which half a mile from I4 where US27 crosses it, right opposite where Posner City will be.

Ray&Sarah
22-06-2005, 23:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linsan
Our villa is on Sunset Ridge which half a mile from I4 where US27 crosses it, right opposite where Posner City will be.

[/quote]

We are near neighbours of yours at Westbury then Linda & Drew.[msnsmile2]

abbeyvillas
23-06-2005, 01:43
I would definitely say try the communities on West Haven for the easiest access to I-4. Its just 2 miles, via the new Champions Gate with its beautiful fountains and landscaping, to Exit 58 of I-4.
There are short-term rentals available on The Abbey & The Sanctuary

chrisflowers
23-06-2005, 11:55
As an owner on The Sanctuary, I would have to agree that at the moment Westhaven is the closest, but is also sufficiently far away that road noise is not a problem.

chrisflowers
23-06-2005, 11:56
Oops. Sorry. I seem to have posted twice on this thread - did not notice that this was page 2!

trevlad
23-06-2005, 12:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrisflowers
Oops. Sorry. I seem to have posted twice on this thread - did not notice that this was page 2!

[/quote]doh!(good avatar)

trevlad
23-06-2005, 13:03
louise,
having just got back from mouse land . i would suggest you go to the best villa and community in your opinion.
we stayed at highlands golf , on the 27 just up from westridge, some days we went south and joined the i4 for universal and others we used the 192. maybe stopping for brekkie etc
they both have their own traffic problems depending on the day and the time you 'haul *rse' and get every body out of the villa, so as i say pick the villa and community with the best facilities for you, the travel times in that great area dont matter a great deal[msnsmile2]

oh and enjoy[msncool]

bushbaby
24-06-2005, 16:46
Repeat the view that Westhaven is one of the closest
and its on a hill so you can see epcot fireworks at night.
Don't forget the Hamlets ( i bought here ) and soon to be finished Shires.

bushbaby

Cowboy
28-06-2005, 00:32
Sorry to disagree with you guys at West Haven. The nearest community to I4 exit 58 is Reunion followed by Robins Rest followed by Ashley Manor. We actually drove to Disney Maingate Entrance in 10 minutes and 8 seconds from Ashley Manor without breaking any speed limit. Average time has been just over 12 minutes but doubt if we could do it at present with the roadworks in progress.
Mike and Kath.

blott
28-06-2005, 02:54
I think you'll find the nearest community to both Sea World and Universal (as welll as Disney) is Indian Wells.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-06-2005, 13:43
Can I just remind owners that this is a section to help guests out with vacation planning and not a place to get a plug for your villa in or to argue about whose villa is closer to wherever.

The best way of plugging your villa is to be very helpful and polite to guests and anyone who asks a question here and the rest will follow from there.