PDA

View Full Version : The Gibbos, the end is nigh!!

bluebirds
15-06-2005, 18:51
Thursday 2nd June
The Gibbos woke up feeling very sleepy as we had a late night at Fantasmic.Today was Grown ups day and we all headed east to NASA. We upgraded our tickets and choose to take the NASA Up Close Tour. We hopped on our bus and we were soon off to the International Space Centre Building. Along the way we all saw our first gators!! Pete,Steve, Michele and myself were fascinated by the place. You got to see what the NASA employees were getting ready to put into the shuttle for the station. After that we got taken up to the shuttle launch pad.Past the huge building that houses the shuttle. It is immense. Standing at the viewing area on the launch pad even without a shuttle is awesome. Behind you there is the Atlantic Ocean,Nature at its best and in front of you is what man can achieve. Apart from the dolphins at DC this was one of my fave moments. After the tour we visited the Apollo/Saturn building and saw the Apollo rockets which took man to the moon. By now it had started to drizzle and we took the bus back to the main visitors building at NASA. Luckily we saw the end of a talk by one of the resident astronauts Al Worden. He was on one of the last Apollo missions. We had our photo taken with him. This 70 plus man has done something in his lifetime that we will never do. All us grown ups throughlly enjoyed NASA.We got to see something man can acheive. Also the wildlife was brilliant. We saw Golden eagles, vultures,pelicans,wild pigs and of course gators. By the time we got to leave it had stopped raining,and we headed back. Pete had lots of fun with the toll booth when it would not register that we had paid. We kept throwing cents in until it opened up. Has anybody else ever had that problem? Time for dinner and a swim,and unfortunately think about packing to go home.
Friday 3rd June
Our last full day dawned overcast but no rain, the forecast however was not good. We decided to stay at the hotel in the morning and let Kieran and Adam have a swim. I stayed in the hot tub under the cover of the trees, just as well as it started to drizzle. After a while the rain got heavier so we went back to the room and eat some nice cream cakes from Publix.(I think their baker was going to miss us!)We were going to Magic Kingdom for Wishes and Spectromagic so we got to Disney at about 3.30pm. The rain was now heavy showers and some of the lands at Disney were flooded, but still we were determined to enjoy our last night in Florida. We went back on the rides we all enjoyed and met up with Ryan,Steve and Michele. Soon it was dark and time for the parade and Wishes. Kieran hates fireworks and all holiday had worried about this night. We gave him some ear plugs and hoped for the best. Wishes is brilliant and i am so glad i saved it for the end of the holiday. Kieran even liked it. What a great way to end our holiday. On the way out i had a big surprise, Kieran,Adam and Pete treated their long suffering mum to a large cuddly TIGGER. We said goodbye to Disney and drove home. This would be the only time we didnot get lost comming out of Disney!!!!!!!!
Well what can we say. The holiday was fantastic. The advice i had read on the forum stood us in good stead. Like you all the lure of the Sunshine State will take us back. This was the best holiday we had ever had.Next time we go we want to head to the Gulf coast and do some theme parks, we will be back.[msncool]

Ray&Sarah
15-06-2005, 20:24
Another great report, its sad that its the last though.[msnsad]

eagleydo
15-06-2005, 21:13
Love your choices for the end of your holiday. One word to describe my thoughts on our NASA trip, WOW!!! I rang my brother back in England on my mobile just to say that, when we went there. Hang the cost I thought just had to share the moment with my twin. As for Wishes, brilliant isnt it?

LiesaAnna
15-06-2005, 23:12
well done, thankyou for sharing your wonderful holiday with us, it sounds like you all had the best time ever:)
thanks [msnwink][grouphug][grouphug]
and a very big well done to Adam for learning to swim[easter2]

DisneyDreamer
16-06-2005, 00:53
Thank you for sharing your memories with us.......I would highly recommend a visit to the Gulf Coast too.[8D]

Madabouttigger
16-06-2005, 20:28
Tanks for sharing, helps bring back the memories.

[msnsmile2]

KevinT
16-06-2005, 21:36
Excellent Trip reports Pippa. Have looked forward to reading them all. Thank you.
Your last day sounds like a rerun of ours at the MK. Aren't the fireworks and parades extra brilliant at the moment?

You'll have to start planning your next trip now.