PDA

View Full Version : Vote Univ Studios or Islands of Adven

Amirah
09-04-2003, 00:26
This year...May 2003 we are going to Disney World (we are so excited). We have all of the Disney Parks to cover and I would like to do either Universal or Islands. My daugher is seven years old and my husband doesn't care which one we go to but I want everyone to VOTE. UNIVERSAL OR ISLANDS...we are only doing one (my poor feet). I'll go with the majority on this one!

Thanks,

Amirah [^]

caroline
09-04-2003, 00:53
How tall is your daughter and does she like "big Rides" - if she does and is tall enough to go on them then Go for Islannds of Adventure, however I love Universal Studios so............. sorry I'm not being much help!

steph_goodrum
09-04-2003, 01:11
If you get a 2 day pass, you can spend half a day in each, the parks are next door to each other so you can walk easily between them ,and save the other day for next time you go back to Florida, I'm sure there will be a next time:D
From a personal point of view I'd say if it's only going to be 1 then Island of adventure may have more rides your daughter will grow out of (like Seuss landing - Cat in the hat etc. At the moment I would imagine she'd enjoy them but may think they are too babyish when she gets a couple of years older.

jotter
09-04-2003, 03:36
as your daughter is 7 i would say universal would be better as several of islands rides are aimed at 10+

esprit
09-04-2003, 03:45
It is really difficult as they are SO different. But I would say Universal with a small child as a lot of the rides at IOA are big rides which she will not be able to go on with you yet. Stephs idea of a two day pass and do half a day each and keep a day over until your next visit is not a bad one as the parks are in easy walking distance of each other but you would need to really prioritise.

Rushton50
09-04-2003, 05:15
For a small child i would say Uni Studios as your daughter may not be tall enough however being a ride freak i would recommend IOA with a child as you are not restricted to the bigger rides so not one to sit on the fence i will vote:

Island of Adventures

If you have not got your tickets yet and want to take a gamble. Now and then as it has happened while we have been there pre IOA. buy a one day ticket and get the second day half price
hope this helps you decide

Tracy
09-04-2003, 12:39
I have an 11 year old and a 6 year old, we (hubby and I) LOVE islands of Adventure as we are addicted to the big rides and the 11 year old can ride too. In August last year, the 6 year old was able to go on some of the IOA rides, but he wasn't too impressed, they were a little too scary, too fast and too wet for him.

Unless your daughter likes BIG rides, definitley Universal - my 6 year old preferred this park, but the 11 year old thinks it's "boring"

I would vote IOA, but your daugters preference for the types of rides she prefers has to be your main consideration.

tinkerbell
09-04-2003, 12:52
I think I'd vote Universal. I'm a massive IOA fan, but Universal is the classic! You can't complete a trip to Florida for the first time without seeing all the excellent effects that you get with the rides at Universal. MIB, Jaws, Earthquake, all the fun of the movies!!!

My plan would be to turn up, see if you can buy 1 day get the 2nd free, cos then you can see both even if it means a whistle stop!! Failing that (usually Nov-ish times these deals around) then I'd definitely have rather seen Universal first at such a young age.

chris
09-04-2003, 13:56
Universal - I dont like big rides but find plenty there to keep amused. If you go in as soon as it opens, go to lost property to the right of the entrance and they have a board up saying if they are recording anything at Nickelodeon studios that day. If they are then head straight for the studios as audience tickets are issued on a first come - first served basis. From about Feb to April they do daily recording of Slime Time Live on Mondays to Wednesdays.It may still be on in May.

bellaepovera
09-04-2003, 17:27
They both are equally fun so your best bet is to buy the 2 day pass..

Amirah
09-04-2003, 19:54
My daughter is tall for her age and she weighs about 85lbs so I'm not worried about the rides being too Big for her. She has a pretty outgoing personality as well (she gets that from her dad). I am worried about my poor feet. We are doing all of the major Disney parks except for Epcot (may not appeal to my daughter) and we would like to do only one Universal Park. I think the majority is ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE, but I need more responses before I make my decision.

Oh, regarding the two day passes at Universal...they are cheaper than the one day flex ticket, but if you don't use them they expire (fooey!). So, I'll just be doing one park because I am not as young as I used to be. :D

Thank you all!

Andy & Arlene
09-04-2003, 19:55
I also say go for both. They're both great.

sunseeker
09-04-2003, 23:17
Hi Amirah

We vote universal, because there may be too many rides your daughter
may not be tall enough for. We did IOA with a 9 year old girl in 2001
and she spent alot of time sitting watching the bigger kids having fun. She soon got bored. We love IOA but universal is more suited to younger children. Hope yhis helps.
Dave