PDA

View Full Version : what's the best area for villa rental for disney

Claire
15-06-2005, 01:35
hello, I want to take my children aged 4 & 10 to florida and stay in a villa but have never been and would like to know what's the recommended area to be close enough?

berni_richards
15-06-2005, 02:21
pick the number of bedrooms you require and then submit an enquiry to all 3 sites listed on this forum you will find a villa that you like then you can work out how far it is away from attractions. Most developments are not that far away from disney.

Do you drive or will you require a shuttle from a development?

Cruella DeVilla
15-06-2005, 02:36
Gosh it depends on many things, location, conservation/lake view, how many bedrooms, bathrooms, free calls, internet acces etc etc etc. Most of the communities are within the 15 minute belt of Disney.

dolphinv
15-06-2005, 02:58
You should be able to look up a map of villas in the area and then do a search for the community you like. It again depends on if you have a car etc.

Snapper
15-06-2005, 03:39
Hi Claire,

All the villas advertised on the attached sites are within a short drive of Disney and the other major attractions.

One of the advantages of booking direct with the villa owner is that you can ask them where the villa is, what the roads are like, how to drive to Disney or Universal or Sea World and as many other questions as you like.

huckleberry house
15-06-2005, 11:10
Hi Claire

You will find that most homes advertised on these sites are within 10 to 15 minutes drive to the main disney entrance gate and around 20 to 25 minutes to Seaworld and Universal studios.

Maps can be very deceptive as some areas may appear closer but can be on a slower route, once in the Disney parks which cover something like 40 square miles, it makes little difference whether the car journey took 10 minutes or 15.

I would have a browse at the homes available first and try and find one that matches your requirements in terms of bedrooms, decor, pool area, privacy etc and then contact the owner. They will be happy to advise on average drive times etc.

Best wishes, Lesley

LiesaAnna
15-06-2005, 11:34
Hi Claire!
wishing you all the best!! ha ha ha!!! so many absolutely gorgeous villas to choose from!! hope you have nothing planned for a while!!!!

if theyre not on "the doorstep" to Disney etc then they wont be very far!! so many different things to see, it wont matter too much if your not within a 5 mins distance!!!!

enjoy!!!![msnwink]

domster
15-06-2005, 11:42
Most of the short term rental villas all come within the 15 minute belt to disney. To be honest this is always flexible and most of us don't mind the drive.

All the villas on here have something to offer (some lake views, some conservtion, some huge plots of land etc.) Just think of what you want and then see if the one you like has vacancy.

steph_goodrum
15-06-2005, 12:24
Hello Claire and welcome.

As with the others I@d just reiterate that there is no real recommended area to be close to Disney, most of the homes on these sites are no more than 20 mins from Disney, which as has been said is a comfortable drive and easily makes them accessible if you want to go back for a mid day rest, swim etc.

More important is choosing one which suits the make up of your party, for instance the age of your children may dictate what facilities are important, ie young children may not want computer access but child friendly homes. Similarly if you have slightly older children who like a little freedom you may prefer a community with facilities such as tennis, basketball etc for them to have a bit of space.

Whatever you do I'm sure you'll find one that suits your needs here.
Have fun looking.

luckylady
15-06-2005, 15:05
Every villa, and community are different,it's down to personal choice
Most villas advertised on these 3 sites, are within 10/15 minutes of Disneyworld
So no problem there
Part of the excitement is choosing your home for your vacation
Take your time ,choose the home that fits you and your families criteria
Good Luck [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
Barbara

Linicia
15-06-2005, 16:10
In the past, before I could drive, I would think that 15 minutes to Disney would have been too far. Now I know better. Just think of the time the journey takes and relate it to a similar one back home. I always think of 10 minutes as the same as going to the next village to us and 15 minutes to the small town I used to work in. It seems to sit better for me thinking about journey times if I can relate it to something I know.
Armed with this information, I am sure you will realise that all the villas on these sites will fit into an acceptable journey time and then you only need to find that special one which fits the bill.

Florida3883
16-06-2005, 12:13
I second everything which has been said above. All the villas on here are generally within 20mins of disney main gate and I'm sure you will find a lovely villa.

Susan J
16-06-2005, 13:35
But for the nearest [ ie less than 5 miles away] you are looking at Sunset Lakes, Lindfields, Formosa Gardens, Emerald Isles, Rolling Hills type of area

RIS
16-06-2005, 13:42
Any of the fabulous villas on the 3 sites offer superb, reasonably priced accommodation, all within 15 minutes or so from Disney. Just pick one you like from the fantastic selection available!

pbensur
16-06-2005, 21:15
Disney covers such a tremendously large area that I think many people don't realize that even if they stay on site, they're still a 10 to 15 minute drive from parks and attractions!! I don't think you can go wrong with whichever area you choose. Best wishes with your plans!!

benfilo
17-06-2005, 19:11
I think you should choose what you want ibn your villa rather than the location.It's already been said but there is only about 10 minutes difference travel to the parks from most homes.
Some have a communal pool , games room , internet etc. Some are gated . just think of how long you'll spend at the villa and what amenities you want . You will have a fantastic time wherever you stay.
Stepped into ours for the first time a week ago, even though we are selling i've finished with hotels as far as orlando is concerned, it makes all the difference to the holiday
[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

17-06-2005, 23:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
But for the nearest [ ie less than 5 miles away] you are looking at Sunset Lakes, Lindfields, Formosa Gardens, Emerald Isles, Rolling Hills type of area
[/quote]

As a non villa owner I have to agree with this post, 5 mins to disney if there is no traffic on the 192[msnwink]

Sharon G
20-06-2005, 02:12
Hi Claire,

There is so many wonderful areas in and around Disney but like what has been said before, it all depends on your needs and taste!

Happy hunting and have a wonderful time[msncool]

Sharon

alanandjude
19-07-2005, 02:28
Most villas seem to clustered just South of Highway 192 or off Highway 27. They all have great access to Disney within 5 to 20 minutes. Seaworld and Universal are not much further out.

The different locations have different things to offer.
Those off the 27 are a shorter journey to Clearwater and Busch gardens, whereas those off the 192 are marginally closer to places like Old Town, and all the restaurants along the 192.

not much in it really - I agree with everyone else - pick the amenities you want at the villa and go from there.

Alan

Ana
19-07-2005, 14:10
I can't say much more than has already been said - it's worth putting the time in to look at all of the replies you get and then liaising directly with the owners about what specific routes you can take to Disney and other attractions.
It is such a satisfying feeling when you find that perfect villa.
Good luck [msnsmile2]