PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain

SteveW
14-06-2005, 07:47
My son Nathan's (age 7) only request this holiday was to do Splash Mountain. We duely got our Fast Pass today at 13.45pm return at 6.20pm.... had a great ride all 5 of us... then no photo... again the only thing he wanted... apparently someone behind us was making a rude gesture so Disney will not print.... but they didn't recon on the attitude of a 7 year old demanding he go on again so he could get a photo !!

Fair play to the Disney guys they was brilliant and marched us up the exit route to the front of the queue for our second ride in half an hour (the wait time was 115 minutes !) and a boat all to ourselves.

[clap][clap] for 'team splash mountain'
[msnmad] for the rip off price of the photo's ($21.00) - couldn't even buy one you had to have the two....

anyway one happy boy now fast asleep so daddy can check the forum !

LiesaAnna
14-06-2005, 11:29
well done "team splash mountain" glad the young man is now a ver appy bunny![msnwink]
i too wanted the photo of me on a ride badly and i got it so i know how it feels [msnwink]

linda allen
14-06-2005, 12:05
Good for Nathan, well done. Splash mountain is our two boys favourite ride.

Last week over in Epcot we all stood in line for Soarin. Ater about 75 minutes we noticed nothing was moving another 30 minutes later we were told that the ride had a technical problem. We went to guest services and they tried to restore the "magic" by giving us 2 fast passes to use and a fast pass for Soarin when we return.[clap][clap]Well done Disney.

dolphinv
14-06-2005, 20:19
Well theres a boy that knows what he wants! Any chance you can post his pic of team splash mountain when you return?

Madabouttigger
14-06-2005, 21:11
I do like a happy ending!
[msnwink]

SteveW
15-06-2005, 08:39
Will post the picture next week when I get home and can use the scanner

DisneyDreamer
16-06-2005, 00:48
Love it.....you've got to respect someone who knows what they want[clap]

bluebirds
16-06-2005, 01:54
Good for the Disney Staff. Splash Mountain had stopped on our last day at MK. We walked past and people were being taken off the ride. These children may dither about in somethings but when they are determined there is no stopping them.

cjboatman
16-06-2005, 03:14
Splash Mountain closed down during our last visit, as did big thunder mountain.

The cast members handed us fastpass receipts on the way out allowing us to return later when the ride opened again and just jump right on.

Nothing worse than standing in line for an hour, getting to the front, and then the ride going down. Still plenty more to be done in the parks, cant let these little things spoil the magic.

SteveW
23-06-2005, 01:45
Well here it is, finally ! This is the second trip... on our own. Not sure the girls enjoyed it as much as the boys !!! You decide.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/stevew/2005622214917_Splash2.jpg

Ray&Sarah
23-06-2005, 12:34
Great photo Steve, nice memory for Nathan, bit much though $21.[msnscared][msnsmile]

dolphinv
23-06-2005, 14:38
Nathan really looks like he enjoyed that! And he has mastered the hands up in the air:DI have only tried that once and not sure if i could do it again![msnscared] Maybe I'll get courage when we have kidz of our own[msnwink]

SteveW
24-06-2005, 12:55
you do get 2 photo's for $21[msnmad]

No option to buy 1 unless it is 8x6 and that was $17 [msnmad][msnmad]

At least it was Nathan's dollars and not dad's !

LiesaAnna
24-06-2005, 13:10
dont be so tight!!! i had to get one it had me on it!!!![msnwink]and for me to go on these rides is unheard of!!! needed the proof![msnwink]

it will be lovely to look back on in years to come!!

Ray&Sarah
25-06-2005, 01:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SteveW
you do get 2 photo's for $21[msnmad]

No option to buy 1 unless it is 8x6 and that was $17 [msnmad][msnmad]

At least it was Nathan's dollars and not dad's !
[/quote]

Oh well thats ok then.[msnwink]:D

gednandrea
18-07-2005, 17:29
We went on Splash mountain last week just as 'Dennis' was passing by and there were warnings whilst in the queue that the ride may close due to inclement weather nearby! We got on and drifted around watching the black clouds on the horizon. Went 'in-side the mountain' in sunshine for the last bit of the ride and the climb to the top of the big drop into the bramble patch. As we teetered at the top we saw the storm had arrived -BIG TIME! - and was coming down in stair-rods! Had the pleasure of the plumment and a very rapid dousing of cold rain and a very brisk wind!! To add to our fun the ride then broke down and we sat for 5 minutes in a narrow canyon with water coming at us from every direction!! I have never been so wet with my clothes on!! A memorable moment indeed, partic' as the ride staff couldnt understand why we were crying with laughter as we got off[msneek].....come to that neither can i now??[msncry]

luckylady
18-07-2005, 20:03
One of my favourite rides ,I love the excitement of waiting for the big splash at the end