PDA

View Full Version : The Gibbos hit Orlando Part 5

bluebirds
14-06-2005, 01:50
Monday 30th May 2005
As it was memorial weekend we were not sure how busy the parks were going to be so we all decided to give them a miss and head off to Boggy Creek. Pete being the coarse fisherman that he is thought he had died and gone to heaven when we got to Boggy Creek. Loads of people were fishing at the lake. He has made a note that when we retire we are going to live in a villa nearby so he can fish all year round in the warm sunshine. (What a good idea)The trip on the air boat was great. Pete got to sit with the driver.Unfortunately even though we went in the morning to Boggy Creek there were no alligators. Even though we did not see much wildlife great fun was had by all. The sun was blazing down so we went to Disney Quest in the afternoon. Its a great place to take teenagers but i think my boys are slightly to young.Kieran at 9 thought it was great. Back for a swim. The strangest thing was that as i was sat reading by the pool i realised that 5 people including myself were reading the same book.'The Da- Vinci Code' by Dan Brown. We all had a smile when we all realised.
Tuesday 31st May
We woke up to rain and thunder. After checking the forecast which did not show any improvement for a couple hours we decided to stick to our plan and head to Seaworld. We donned the capes and coats and were soon seated to see the Shamu show.We did not sit in the splash zone mind you. Shamu is really good and the trainers are fantastic with the whales.By the time the show had finished the rain had all but stopped. The boys enjoyed the sharks in the aquarium. We watched the dolphin show and then headed off to the rides. We got drenched on Journey to Atlantis. We sat at the back of the ride and all the water ran down the car and i was ankle deep in water before i even got splashed on the descent. Krakken is awesome. I much prefered this coaster to hulk at universal. The manatees are so funny, they do nothing except just float in the water. One word of advice do not stand down wind from a manatee they don't half stink when they release wind, even their keeper nearly passed out!!!!!!!!!! We enjoyed Seaworld but it was back to the mouse tomorrow.
Wednesday 1st June
Another grey morning, with improvement later. We headed back to Epcot as the boys wanted to do the rides again as they had so much fun the previous week. They loved it all over again. We were going to head world showcase but the heavens opened so we retreated. We went back to our hotel for a couple hours to rest before going to Disney MGM. The boys and Pete first went on Tower of Terror. By the look of the photo at the end of the ride Adam was frightened. Then it was time for Mama Melroses for dinner.Well guys you did us proud with your advice. The dinner was out of this world. So armed with our voucher for Fantasmic we went off to see the rest of MGM. The boys loved the parade, especially when Adam saw the Power Rangers!!! The motor stunt show is good,but we knew what to expect as we had been to the Paris show. There was just time to fit in Aerosmiths Rock and Roll roller coaster. Even with Kieran's assistance pass, Kieran and myself still waited 40 minutes. We finihed off the evening with Fantasmic. An absolutely stunning show. Even though the boys got a little scared.

LiesaAnna
14-06-2005, 03:10
great!!! well done! any more to come,? i cant remember when you came home:( sorry!
but am really enjoying this report thanks Pippa!! and families!

Ray&Sarah
14-06-2005, 03:59
Ray has just finished that book too, very popular at the moment. Kraken is one of my sons favourite rides too. Great report, looking forward to the next.[msnsmile2]

LesleyB
14-06-2005, 10:01
Great report again. You made me laugh about the manatees - it brought back memories of when my Stuart was on the Cabbage Diet!!:D

Curly Wurly
15-06-2005, 00:54
Have just read all your reports from 1 through to this one and they're great. HOpe there's some more to come [clap]

Flash
15-06-2005, 13:37
They have Power Rangers at MGM? [msncool] My Adam will love that, he is Power Rangers daft, I daren't tell him til we are there, or I will get no peace til we see them [msnwink]

eagleydo
15-06-2005, 21:08
Enjoying these write ups, so great to have someone sharing with us again.

DisneyDreamer
16-06-2005, 00:50
Thank you ..... thoroughly enjoying your reports :D