PDA

View Full Version : Crescent Lakes #1200

ducktale
11-06-2005, 23:48
Has anyone else here rented villa #1200 from John Gilbertson? Did you have any trouble making contact with him? We are renting his villa beginning the 18th of June and have received no directions or info for when we reach Orlando. We're leaving Wednesday to drive down there from Ohio & it's making us nervous. He's not been replying to emails. Just curious. Thanks!

KarenScott
12-06-2005, 00:00
I would have thought that you would have your information by now but there may be a legitimate reason. I'm sure John or Roger may be able to help. Do you not have a contact phone number possible on the T&C? I can imagine your worry though.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2005, 00:10
Roger knows the owner well so I have asked Roger to try and get in contact with him immediately. I'm just waiting for a reply from Roger as he's away from his computer at the moment.

dbrook
12-06-2005, 00:10
Have you tried to telephone him ducktale? It may be that the owners are on holiday as some children haven't been back at school long. Maybe he is over at his villa at the moment and has limited access to e-mails.

If you are anxious then you could always send a DM to the website owners and they will try and contact him for you I'm sure.

ducktale
12-06-2005, 05:25
We tried calling the phone number he sent in the application info and also a number we believe would be his home number in Liverpool. One number just rang and rang, and then we got voicemail on the other and left a message. We have also sent emails via the website and previous emails he has sent to us. I sent him an email on the 1st of May regarding needing directions or something to go on to plan a tentative schedule for arrival and we have not heard back from him. We also have sent emails to the OrlandoVillas info link. I know with it being a weekend it may take longer to get a reply, but my mother-in-law is getting kind of panicky! Anyway, I'm sure there's some sort of explanation for the delay, but it's cutting it kind of close. I'll wait to hear something over the next day or so. Thank you for your help!

blott
12-06-2005, 05:47
I think if Roger knows the owner well then he would probably perhaps know other ways to contact the owner for you. So hang in there for a while and I'm sure there's probably a simple explanation and all will be well.

steph_goodrum
12-06-2005, 12:54
It's quite possible the owner has gone away believing you've had all the necessary info, I've had 2 sets of directions I've sent out to different guests in the UK gone astray in the post recently and wouldn't have known if I hadn't followed up to make sure they had received them.

I'm sure you'll find it all sorted soon.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2005, 14:56
We received your emails aroud the same time you posted here so I replied here as I did not see much point in also repeating myself by email. I'll ask Roger again about it as I don't think he was online last night.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ducktale
We tried calling the phone number he sent in the application info and also a number we believe would be his home number in Liverpool. One number just rang and rang, and then we got voicemail on the other and left a message. We have also sent emails via the website and previous emails he has sent to us. I sent him an email on the 1st of May regarding needing directions or something to go on to plan a tentative schedule for arrival and we have not heard back from him. We also have sent emails to the OrlandoVillas info link. I know with it being a weekend it may take longer to get a reply, but my mother-in-law is getting kind of panicky! Anyway, I'm sure there's some sort of explanation for the delay, but it's cutting it kind of close. I'll wait to hear something over the next day or so. Thank you for your help!

[/quote]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2005, 16:21
Update: Roger has managed to contact the owner who said he has had no emails or messages from you. He commented that another guest called him last night with the same problem. He said he will contact you and also post on here.

I believe he is also checking out his email system to find out why the messages are not getting through.

blott
12-06-2005, 17:04
Well done once again in sorting these things out guys, a result! :)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2005, 17:15
Update: the owner has just realised he has a spam folder and some of his messages were being classed as spam. I hear he is now going through all these and weeding out th genuine emails that have been classed as spam [msnsad]

ducktale
12-06-2005, 18:23
Thank you, John & Roger, for help in this , matter. I received an email from John Golbertson this morning at 7AM (our time) and he told me the same as you mentioned that he's not received our emails. He said he's been unexpectedly away without his contact info to send us any info. Anyway, we received the info just fine this morning and will now be able to relax and enjoy our vacation to Florida! Thanks again for your immediate help in this mess! Have a GREAT day!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-06-2005, 18:33
Excellent - have a great vacation and do write a trip report on the forums if you get chance!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ducktale
Thank you, John & Roger, for help in this , matter. I received an email from John Golbertson this morning at 7AM (our time) and he told me the same as you mentioned that he's not received our emails. He said he's been unexpectedly away without his contact info to send us any info. Anyway, we received the info just fine this morning and will now be able to relax and enjoy our vacation to Florida! Thanks again for your immediate help in this mess! Have a GREAT day!!
[/quote]

Ruth
12-06-2005, 19:30
Well done on sorting this out so quickly for Ducktale. Spam has such a lot to answer for[}:)]

E. Cosgrove
12-06-2005, 19:55
Well done again john and Roger.
Have a fabulous trip Michelle[msncool]

KarenScott
13-06-2005, 00:24
Have a fab holiday. Good to see all sorted out now!

daxon
13-06-2005, 15:46
It was much less complicated when the only 'Spam' we had to contend with came out of a tin!!!!![msnwink]