PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney

gerry67
10-06-2005, 01:45
Hi!

Just asking to see if anyone knows what there is to do in Downtown Disney, as I have heard alot about it but I am not sure what it is or where it is[8)]!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-06-2005, 02:14
There is lots of information about it in our Florida Guide. Here is one of a number of pages covering all sorts of aspects on Downtown Disney:

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida_guide/downtown-disney-orlando.aspx

Snapper
10-06-2005, 04:16
It's really pretty to walk around at night. It kind of comes to life with all the lights.

There are some photos at:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_16290.asp

chrisflowers
10-06-2005, 04:21
Also if you can aford it, dine at the Fulton Crab House on the old paddle steamer.
Heavenly snow crab claws.
A little pricey however.

cjboatman
10-06-2005, 14:51
Gerrarde,

We love Downtown Disney. The marketplace has all the Disney stores, and a few others, not forgetiing Ghiradellis, the ice cream and chocolate shop. The new lego store is great just to see.

West Side has my fav, DisneyQuest, five floors of interactive fun, old arcade games, virtual reality machines. I could spend hours here alone. And then there is the Sosa Brothers cigar store, which i have to visit. There are also lots of places to eat and drink, a cinema, the virgin megastore and cirque du soleil.

And then there is Pleasure Island, with the bars and comedy clubs, and not forgetting the new year celebrations everynight.

In all i would say that it is worth the visit, and i am sure you will want to go back again, just to do the bits you missed.

musictech
10-06-2005, 15:06
My kids called it 'Bedtime Disney' as we always went before their bedtime. They loved it, and we thought it a good way to end their busy day.

thistle1314
10-06-2005, 15:49
We love strolling in DTD in the evening. I noticed the last time I was there (July 2003) that they had free entertainment for the kids. Sorry for this description but it was across and along from the big Disney store and there was a stage. They had the kids up dancing, there were baloons etc. The kids were having a great time and the parents were sitting nice and relaxed. We watched that for about 15 mins cos the entertainers were really funny.

jpeachornby
23-06-2005, 15:31
Do you need to use a Disney ticket to get into Downtown Disney or is it like the Boardwalk at Universal? Not been there before.

rosie
23-06-2005, 16:12
Hi Jo

no you don't need a ticket to get into Downtown Disney, you can just park up and take a stroll around. We go every visit and usually have a meal in one of the restaurants. It's a lovely place to wander or just grab a seat and watch the world go by [msnsmile]

They have entertainment most days I guess as we always seem to catch something going on.

Try it, you'll love it [msnsmile2]

sundowner
23-06-2005, 16:18
That's another one for my list of places to go.

jpeachornby
23-06-2005, 17:37
Thanks very much. Can't wait to go again - only four weeks on Saturday!!!!! Hurray!!!

Newhomebuyer
23-06-2005, 17:59
Pleasure Island only opens in the evening at 7pm and you do need a pass. There are several age restrictions with regard to PI so if you do intend visiting make sure you have ID and have checked the restrictions. Market Place and West Side are open from mid morning and are a great place to do a bit of retail therapy.

dick wroe
07-07-2005, 04:47
a visit to cirque du soleit is a MUST

AndyM
08-07-2005, 20:55
The free kids entertaiment is still on. From about 6.30pm I think or at least it was in June.:)
There is also a couple of kiddies rides namely a mini train and a carousel (our kids loved them) and the shops are just fantastic!! It would take us hours to drag the kids out of the big Disney shop:) or was that the kids dragging us out[msnwink]

philgrove
10-07-2005, 20:59
We love DD. It is just great for shopping. In the past we have always gone during a morning shopped till we dropped and then had lunch at The Rainforest Cafe.
When we were there in May we went a couple of times in the evening and the whole place just came to life the lights the music,FANTASTIC dont miss it.