PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach

gerry67
10-06-2005, 00:06
This is my first trip to Florida[msnsmile2], and i will be joined by 3 other adults and unluckily 3 kids and 1 teenager[msneek]. We are all lookin forward to the Water parks but were wondering what typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach were like? and what one was the best out of the two?

becbecs
10-06-2005, 01:04
There both absolutly Fab. Blizzard Beach tends to have more slides and things plus Summit Plummit. Were as Typhoon with The Wave Machine the Lazy River plus lots of other stuff if you have a look around. We did our first scuba dive at Typhoon, although they don't let you go under the water you still have all the equipment on. Now me and my 12 yr old are fully qualified Open Water Scuba Divers.

Both are just the greatest, can;'t wait for our trip in August.
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

gerry67
10-06-2005, 01:40
thanks for the advice! i cant wait for my trip either! its the first time

jon2211
10-06-2005, 02:38
If you go make sure you get there early. We arrived at TL at 11:00 last Sunday and all the beds had gone and there were no lockers left.

The following morning we arrived at 8;30 and were the third car in the car park. They don't let you in until 9 but between 9 & 10 me and the kids managed every ride at least twice. By 12:00 the queues were about 25 mins for each one, so we just went on lazy river and the wave pool.

becbecs
10-06-2005, 13:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gerry67
thanks for the advice! i cant wait for my trip either! its the first time
[/quote]

If its your 1st time then you will have the best Holiday ever,
Enjoy [clap][clap][clap]

philgrove
10-06-2005, 14:08
Have a great time you will just love it. Please Please Please remember your SUN PROTECTION at all parks especially the Water Parks this is very important.

karen and phil.

daxon
10-06-2005, 15:17
We went in August last year. The summer rains hit about 3pm as usual and because there was lightning about the rides were closed. It was a great experience!!!! Lots of people went home, but the ones who didnt were gathered into groups under shelter where we were kept amused my disney staff from all over the world! We had a fascinating hour discussing all sorts of things with them and other guests and when the rain stopped and the rides were re-opened - no queues!!! We had to drag the kids out at closing time!!!!!!!![clap][clap]

byron
11-06-2005, 01:42
Both are brilliant! We were at TL on what seemed a particularly busy Easter day when just before the usual close at 6pm, they announced that because it had been so busy they would stay open until 7pm. Many people had already left, so we had a last hour of non stop rides without queues. So maybe its worth arriving during the afternoon and hanging on until the end.

SteveW
11-06-2005, 07:11
Had a great day there today in the rain ! Especially liked the childrens area with lots for the younger ones (ours are 4,4,7)... Took them all on the 'family raft' ride 4 times back to back no queing!

The twin girls loved the Lazy River ride around the park.

Plenty of fun for the 7 year old also.... from comments I have read and things I've seen today I would think TL is better suited for the younger children... having said that I was more than a little wobbly at the knees on a few of the rides and in the middle of the lagoon with a 10ft Wave heading for me.

Either park you'll have a great time.

Ray&Sarah
11-06-2005, 13:25
Haven't been to TL yet but we all loved BB, it seemed to have something for everyone, the thrill slides for the adventurous ones and the calm lazy river for those that aren't adventurous at all. Our boys took their nan on the lazy river and then decided to get off to do one of the slides, she said she'd stay where she was and then couldn't remember where she had got on so was going round and round for ages until we spotted her.[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
11-06-2005, 20:38
I'm surprised you haven't done TL Sarah, you would love it.
I haven't got a personal favourite, they're both great [msncool]

Ray&Sarah
11-06-2005, 22:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
I'm surprised you haven't done TL Sarah, you would love it.
I haven't got a personal favourite, they're both great [msncool]
[/quote]

It was closed last October when we were there with the boys or we would have taken them. Hoping to go on our next trip as our boys are such water babies they would love it.[msnsmile2]