PDA

View Full Version : The Gibbos Part 3

bluebirds
09-06-2005, 20:32
Wednesday 25th May.
Once again we all woke up to sunny skies and warm temperatures. We watched the local news for the days report. Pete and myself found them really entertaining especially the weather guy. After breakfast at Ponderosa again we headed up the 192 to Magic Kingdom. Every time we went through the Disney gates we always had big smiles on our faces,even the big kids. After the car park tram and the monorail, we arrived. We decided to have stroller for the day, as the park is immense and Adam was feeling tired. We headed to Space Mountain first. This was Adams first try on bigger rides and he loved it. Stitchs great Escape is very hard to describe. It is very interactive,but i could not put my finger on why it was not my sort of ride. We had a character lunch booked for 1.00pm at the Crystal Palace with Pooh, Tigger and chums. The buffet meal was fabulous. The boys and mummy enjoyed meeting the characters. We had a good meeting with Tigger the day before at Animal Kingdom.(when we put the photos up eventually you will see why!!!)We took our seats for the parade. The parade was really good and the best so far. We then spent more hours doing the mountains and other rides and shows. The grand plan was to try and stay for the Spectro Magic parade but by 7.30pm we had enough. So we decided to call it a day. Luckily the boys and us were able to go up front with the driver on the monorail on the trip home.
Time for a quick snack and bedtime.

Thurday 26th May.
After 4 days of doing the parks it was time for a day off. Blizzard Beach here we come. It was great, we floated round for hours on the rings, and all of us enjoyed the slides. However, the queues were huge for the 'Slusher Gusher'so we chickened out of that one.It was nice to relax and we all decided it was a day well spent just relaxing. The only downside was that i got burnt. I spent so much of my time making sure that the boys did not get burnt, i neglected myself, so by the end of the day, i would have not looked out of place at the'Boston Red Lobster ' Company.

Friday 27th May
After 5 quiet days at the hotel everything changed as memeorial weekend approached. It was time to go to Islands of Adventure along with most schools on an end of term trip. We counted at least 25 different school T-Shirts. The day was really hot and humid. Pete and myself had promised to go on 'The Hulk'but i was regretting that decision when i stood up close to the thing. First ride of the day was Spiderman. Adam loved it. We did the spinning cups thing and now the time had approached on our fast pass tickets for 'The Hulk'. Pete went first whilst i looked after the boys. After watching several rides i felt really nervous. Pete came back and told me i would be mad if did not attempt the ride. So off i went feeling brave. It did not take long to queue, as i was a single rider. It was horrible but i am glad i did it.We went around the park getting throughally soaked on Jurassic Park. But at least it cooled us down again. After drying off we headed to another water ride in the shape of Dudley Dorights Ripsaw Falls. Once again we got soaked. It was time for a sit down so we went to watch the Sinbad show. I have got to say it was not a patch on the disney shows. It did not capture the boys attention. We came out to see ominous clouds in the distance. Would our luck hold! Adam and Kieran were looking forward to 'The Cat In The Hat'. Whilst queuing for the fish ride the heavens opened and we experienced a Florida flash storm. It only lasted 15 minutes but it poured down. By chance we met with Michele, Ryan and Steve and all the boys went on the rest of the rides together. After the boys enjoyed the rides we bought them 'Thing 1' and 'Thing 2' hats.(We thght that there high jinxs resembled my boys!!!!!!!)We have smiled at both Disney and Universal putting gift shops at the end of every ride. Boy do they want you to part with the dollar.Once again the day drew to a close, and all to soon it was time to head back. Just time for a quick dip and a meal before bed.By now the hotel wa

KevinT
09-06-2005, 21:42
Wow! I'm out of breath already keeping up with you. Great reports though - - keep 'em coming. [msnsmile2]

DisneyDreamer
09-06-2005, 23:06
Thank you......loving your trip reports![8D]

LiesaAnna
09-06-2005, 23:37
great reports Pippa!!!
thankyou!!!!

E. Cosgrove
10-06-2005, 00:00
Another great report, am really looking forward to Discovery Cove with you.[msnsmile2]