PDA

View Full Version : The Gibbos hit Orlando part 2

bluebirds
09-06-2005, 19:42
Monday 23rd May 2005
After a good nights sleep we all woke more refreshed and ready to go. Decided to try I-Hop for breakfast. Adam wanted a fried egg and we were all bemused by the wide variety of eggs. After opting for sunny side up we all tucked in. After getting snacks for the parks in Publix we headed off (after getting lost again)to Universal.
By the time we arrived the sun was beating down. We headed into the park. The boys were happy as their hero 'Crash Bandicoot' was outside the gates. They joined the queue only to be disapointed when he was driven off. We got our fast pass ticket for Kieran and were soon ready for the rides. Universal was not busy and it did not take long with the pass to get on the rides. ET was a gentle start. We all loved Back To The Future and Men in Black. Also we met Scooby and Shaggy, so the boys were very impressed. After a quick snack we went on Jaws. Not sure if the boys enjoyed it,or eathquake either. Kieran was now very excited as he was tall enough to do 'The Mummy'. Pete waited with Adam in the Baby swap area and me and Kieran headed in. After a small wait we were on the ride. All i can say is 'WOW' what a ride. Kieran loved it. It was his first grown up coaster. After Shrek 4D it was time to head back. The boys wanted to go on'Jimmy Neutron'. Pete and myself came off that ride feeling as sick as dogs. We could not work out why we had been flung around all day and not felt queasy,and to go on a kids ride that made us feel like death. We got to the car park and all of us including Kieran(who has a wonderful memory)forgot quite where the car was. After a collective think we found it. Headed back for a quick dip in the pool, and then to Bennigans on the 192 for Dinner. Exhausted again the boys fell into bed and were asleep before we knew it.
Tuesday 24th May 2005
The day dawned slightly cloudy but quite humid. We were off to Animal Kingdom and being very green we guessed it was going to feel even hotter here.Tried Ponderosa for breakfast and we were soon full ready to go. We wanted to go get Animal Kingdom early so we could do the Kilimanjaro Safari before it became too hot and the animals fell asleep. I think everyone else had that idea too as it was really busy. Luckily Kierans assistance pass came into play and we were soon on our bus ready to go. Big Tip guys. Whoever is videoing or taking photos sit on the left hand side of the bus, you seem to see more. Like everything else Disney this is no ordinary safari and soon you are taken on a story as you ride along. We saw loads of animals. Made our local safari park at Longleat in Wiltshire abit sad.
After the Safari we started to wander back. The Gorillas were very active when we were there, and very playful. They seem to have a blanket and the big male silverback would not let anyone else near it. By now it was starting to get very hot and we headed to the Kali River Rapid Ride to cool down.After getting throughly soaked,but it was nice to feel cool we headed to the Lion King Show.Using Kierans pass we were able to get front row seats. The show is fantastic. The boys were throughally engrossed all the way through, and the boys got picked to go on with the performers at the end. We were very proud parents,as Kieran would not dream of doing this back home. After a few character autographs,we set off again. We sweltered at the Tarzan Rocks show. The boys enjoyed Dinosaurland. Adam loved the dinosaur ride, even though we had a screaming american teenager in our car. I came out nearly deaf. All too soon it was time for the parade and time to go home. We did not manage to get lost this time comming out of disney.After a quick dip and a shower we headed out to Downtown Disney,for dinner at Planet Hollywood. Guess what we got lost getting out and could not work out how we managed it successfully in the day earlier on!!!We had crammed loads in and once again we all did not take much rocking.[msncool]

becbecs
09-06-2005, 19:47
Sounds like a good couple of days so far, keep the reports coming [clap]

bluebirds
09-06-2005, 19:52
I am going to try and pop the next few days up in the next hour or so, before i become mums taxi service again.

DisneyDreamer
09-06-2005, 23:03
Thank you ..... looking forward to the rest....:)

LiesaAnna
09-06-2005, 23:32
Thanx Pippa!
i know what you mean about the getting lost!! we did it every day!!!
glad your having a great time so far!!!!

eagleydo
10-06-2005, 01:05
I agree with you about Mummy, I did this ride lots of times. Love roller coasters, scared of heights, so a dark ride does it for me.