PDA

View Full Version : yeeeheeee!!!!!!!

marv
09-06-2005, 15:19
Had a letter today to tell us that my husband has his visa. Just have too send passport off to embassy now. I dont know how long for untill we get it back so ime crossing everything to hope its atleast a year. They had all our holiday details even the flight numbers so i hope they have the sense to issue it for our holiday.
Well aleast i can think about the planning now!!

Marv

blott
09-06-2005, 16:50
Great news Marv! Now you can relax and have a fabulous holiday in Florida. :)

E. Cosgrove
09-06-2005, 18:12
Great news Mary, now you can get all worked up in the best possible way......planning your trip[msnsmile2]

kokomo
09-06-2005, 18:36
You don't have to apply for a visa from the embassey just for a 2 week trip to Florida do you. I assume we can still fill in the waiver forms on the plane.[msnembarrased]

Florida3883
09-06-2005, 18:58
Have a great holiday.[msncool]

becbecs
09-06-2005, 19:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kokomo
You don't have to apply for a visa from the embassey just for a 2 week trip to Florida do you. I assume we can still fill in the waiver forms on the plane.[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

No don't beleive so, well hope not anyway, you just need to fill in one of the Visa Waiver forms on the plane.

faeristar
09-06-2005, 21:17
[beer] congratulations, wishing you a fantastic time !!! let us know how long the visa last could you thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

blott
09-06-2005, 21:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kokomo
You don't have to apply for a visa from the embassey just for a 2 week trip to Florida do you. I assume we can still fill in the waiver forms on the plane.[msnembarrased][/quote]I'm assuming you have a British passport here... You do need to apply for a visa if you're ineligible for the visa waiver scheme, ie you have a previous arrest or conviction for other than a minor motoring offence or anything else on the list of ineligibilities.

If your present passport is due to run out soon after 26 October 2005 and your Florida visit is after that, you would need a visa as the biometic passport regulations come in on that date (unless they're rescinded again like in 2004). So, if you've only got a short while left on your passport, best to get it renewed before that date (you can get up to 9 months 'credit' on your old one if you renew it before it's expired).

Other than that, you don't need a visa. :)

kokomo
10-06-2005, 01:22
Hi Blott, thanks very much for your information. I renewed my passport which was due to expire in June 2005 and my husbands passport expires on the 26th October and I have renewed that for a further 10 years. Looks like we just got in on time.[lucky]

Curly Wurly
10-06-2005, 15:48
That is absolutely fantastic news mary!!! I bet your sooooo pleased!!

[clap]

JamesG
15-06-2005, 00:44
Excellent!!!

Well done!!

Have a great trip

James