PDA

View Full Version : Old Computer

LL
08-06-2005, 16:22
Our daughter is working at Universal this summer and would like to keep in contact with her friends and family. So if anyone is throwing out an old computer that would be OK for just picking up emails please contact me.
(She won't have any transport, but a friend of ours could pick something up for her and can't buy something on ebay if she hasn't got a computer.)
Thanks

sundowner
09-06-2005, 13:26
Sorry I cannot help with this Lesley, however I am sure I have read somewhere on the Forum that you can buy some very cheap computers and lap tops over there. I know it's not as cheap as your daughter hoped, but it might be worth a look.

steph_goodrum
09-06-2005, 14:08
Leslie
There's nothing to stop you buying something on ebay and having it delivered to her address, or to the friends address. I've often done that with bits for the villa and get them sent to my mc.

huckleberry house
09-06-2005, 19:57
Yes me too, I buy things from ebay.com and have them delivered to various places, the American sellers seem more flexible than on ebay.co.uk and are happy to deliver to addresses other than those linked to the Bank card.

Lesley

LL
20-06-2005, 21:58
Hi All

Now managed to send her off with an old lap top but the screen is broken so just need a monitor to connect to it and she is up and running. We are still waiting on an address before we can buy anything fom say ebay.